HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Octane stuff (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/311348-octane-stuff.html)

thatmichhunter 12-02-2009 07:03 AM

Octane stuff

Iv never used it but they seem REALLY proud of their stuff, i was just wondering ifanyone has used it and if they thought it was worth it

ozbowhunter 12-02-2009 08:47 AM

i have found all octane products excellent quality and well made sometimes a little pricey but very nice products

thatmichhunter 12-02-2009 09:33 AM

have you used the sights? if so how do you feel about pin brightness in low light or ground blinds?

ozbowhunter 12-02-2009 11:01 AM

the sight is great the nxs is well made and the pins are bright and the enclosed light does help when needed

3Children 12-02-2009 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by ozbowhunter (Post 3517593)
the sight is great the nxs is well made and the pins are bright and the enclosed light does help when needed

I will not stock those, there is a lot of sights out there that give you plenty of light, or use a light attachment or the trinumim site. For the money some items are just out there. Some items seem to be great quality others I'm not sure of.

ozbowhunter 12-03-2009 01:17 AM

i found with the micro adjument system on it to be better then alot of the others and i have tried plenty

ranu888 01-06-2010 02:36 AM

The extras that you can put on your car? The likes of louvers and shag carpet, tiddly knobs and flick switches. Radio head set units and cbs. Roll cages; Roll Bars; Sway Bars and Clay bars. Stuff like that. This history of what cars started the phase or where they started from and ended up in. Should someone have the information to make that viabable...

Mike L 01-07-2010 06:06 PM

I use the quiver and the hostage pro rest. Excellent quality. The hostage pro rest you will see a lot reveiws about the brushes wearing out. This arrow rest is not really made for a lot of target shooting, mostly for hunting. I fletched my arrows so they were 120 degrees with no helical, I have no problem with arrow flight when shooting broads or field tips out to 40 yards. Any farther then that I need a 2 degree helical to help with arrow flight but It does wear the brushes a lot faster. I only shoot father than 40 in some tournaments. I shoot 200-300 arrows a week and I replace the brushes maybe 3 times a year. I hope this will give some insight on the rest.

IL-Cornfed 01-08-2010 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by ozbowhunter (Post 3517465)
i have found all octane products excellent quality and well made sometimes a little pricey but very nice products

I totally agree, their products are excellent quality. I've set-up their Hostage rest on my sons bow and their stabilizer and both are excellent products. My father uses their quiver and it's as good as ANY I've ever seen, I really like the magnet top to hold b-heads solidly!

kldad06 01-08-2010 07:36 PM

What is the best for ground blinds? Does the octane sight make a difference? I mean the most critical here is the first 20 min and the last 20 min. In a ground blind I haven't come across any that are what I would call great but I haven't used any of the octane sights.