Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
How many of you guys convert your new bows with custom strings? >

How many of you guys convert your new bows with custom strings?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How many of you guys convert your new bows with custom strings?

Old 11-16-2009, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default How many of you guys convert your new bows with custom strings?

Just curious as to how many of you all automatically switch out strings to something other than stock when you purchase a new bow? Thanks.

Kelly
Old 11-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, i've only bought Bowtechs over the last 4 years or so and their stock strings are top notch so there wasn't a need to swap them out intially.

If I bought a new bow by other manufacturers, I would buy a set of high end strings for it. Most bow company's strings are junk IMO and will creep and stretch through the life of the string. This will give you fits with peep alignment and overall keeping the bow in tune.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:59 PM
bigcountry

Other than having too much money on my hands, I can't understand why a person would want to change a string unless there is an issue with the stock strings.

Old 11-16-2009, 04:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

As soon as I get a new bow, I give John a call and get a new bucknasty string!!
Old 11-16-2009, 05:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Other than having too much money on my hands, I can't understand why a person would want to change a string unless there is an issue with the stock strings.

I agree but 8 out of 10 times I end up changing them rather quickly.I have had a few I shot for a year or 2 but most are just not built very well and need to be changed.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:32 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by TFOX
I agree but 8 out of 10 times I end up changing them rather quickly.I have had a few I shot for a year or 2 but most are just not built very well and need to be changed.
I can see after a first season. I remember several years ago, hoyts strings were mediocre at best. I know if I had a zebra twist, it would come off fairly quick.

Old 11-16-2009, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

I change mine right away . But then I build my own strings so it isn't no big deal.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:45 AM
Fork Horn

i used the **** out of the one on my diamond and then had a coustom put on and i love it but they might void your bows coverage
Old 11-20-2009, 03:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Depends on the bow/string.

On BowTechs I never bother.

On Mathews- most bows it's neccesary, others not.

On recent (2008/2009) Hoyts have not had much trouble at all though in years past I immediately got rid of them.

On my Elite- John's Customs strings went on fairly quickly-stock strings (g5) were not all that great.

Historically PSE's, like Hoyt have been junk, and I'm not real impressed with the "America's Best" they come with now-saw quite a bit of serving wear on the Omens that came through the shop-even after just a few shots.

Went with more of Johns Customs on my new PSE- right off the bat. The guy builds KILLER quality strings for extremely good prices. If I end up keeping my Katera, it will get some of John's strings as well (I actually had ordered some, but then cancelled the order when I ordered he new bow)
Old 11-21-2009, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never had a new bow but every time I get new strings I do get Bucknasty's on them!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.