Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Archery Research bows? >

Archery Research bows?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Archery Research bows?

Old 05-30-2003, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Archery Research bows?

Has anyone shot any of the AR bows yet? They look very interesting. I might have to try out the AR37.
Old 05-30-2003, 08:02 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-30-2003, 10:28 PM

Default RE: Archery Research bows?

Bowfanatic,

Shoot one first. I just got back from the range where they sell them. A got the chance to shoot one again, another 34" . It was a 60lber turned out to 55 lbs. I hate to continue to bash this bow but this is the third one I shot and the string riser vibration is just out of control. After the shot the string vibrates atleast 2 inches either way, and the vibs shoot up your arm. It was quiet, but is an absolute buzz box.

IMO there is much better for the money.
Old 05-31-2003, 04:45 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-31-2003, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Rack-attack, i had the opportunity to shoot 2 AR34' s last week and there was just to much vibration in both of them. We put a set of limb savers on one and shot it and although it took out a little of the vibration out there was still some there. I ended up buying the Hoyt Dynatec.
Old 05-31-2003, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder if the AR37 will have the same buzz? The AR34' s have more of a parallel limb technology on them.

Rack , do you think the buzz could have been eliminated in any way? What do you think causes it? The riser design was intended to move vibration away from the shooters hand , I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Btw , Rack , if you get the chance to shoot one of the AR37" s I' d appreciate any further feedback Sheels is the only dealer that will carry them around here and they are in the process of moving into a new store and wont get in any of the AR bows until the end of June.
Does anyone know what kind of draw length adjustments they have?

Thanks!
Old 05-31-2003, 12:12 PM

Way too much hand shock for that price of bow, you would think it would have more speed too.
Old 05-31-2003, 02:22 PM

Fanatic,

The particular AR I shot last night had limb savers on the limbs, four(4) yes thats four limb saver stabilizer enhancers screwed into the four rear holes in the riser, an exhchanger stab and a string lizard on the string[][]

What else can one do

What do you think causes it? The riser design was intended to move vibration away from the shooters hand , I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
Being a mechanical engineer this is my take. I will bet my bottom dollar that that riser was designed for looks and looks alone! Its so easy for a company to label design purposes " after the fact" for marketing positions that had nothing to do with the original concept. Look at the new Talon broadheads claims of blades being " designed" to bend. That is bull[:' (]. I am confidant in stating that bending blades was never a design task originated at the start of that project. it did become a task however AFTER the manufacturing process limits forced the company to use a " less" hard steel to create that bend. So what do you do, you claim the weakness of the blades was intentional and a breakthru design to increase penetration Happens every day in the design world. I may be guilty of a few myself

The AR string tension seems very low when the bow is undrawn. If you pluck it, it vibrates like heck. I even had the shop owner go thru about 10 diff bows plucking strings after I pointed out the vibration problem of the bow, (the owner doesn' t know any better) I can' t explain why but it is there, and there is alot of it.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone have any good news on the AR37?
Old 06-04-2003, 08:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rack

I am a tool maker with an associates in tool design and I thought the same thing about the Talons when I found out about how soft the material was.There is NO reason for the soft material.Unless you can' t get the bend.And you can not get that bend with a harder material.It will break if you try to bend it any harder than it is now.

As far as the AR,I would like to shoot one for myself.I had a friend at work say he REALLY liked the way it shot.Everyone is different.This guy also likes the old Hoyt grips that are huge.Go figure.

Quick Reply: Archery Research bows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.