HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   What is Cam Lean? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/308836-what-cam-lean.html)

Snipe4Food 11-03-2009 04:56 AM

What is Cam Lean?

Was wondering what exactly cam lean is and how it affects your bow. Ive encountered an issue where my bottom cam seems to fray my string where the string rolls into the cam. Its almost as if its not rolling straight into the cam but is kinda rubbing on the edge of the groove as it goes in. Is this cam lean? What should i do about this?

bigcountry 11-03-2009 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Snipe4Food (Post 3493479)
Was wondering what exactly cam lean is and how it affects your bow. Ive encountered an issue where my bottom cam seems to fray my string where the string rolls into the cam. Its almost as if its not rolling straight into the cam but is kinda rubbing on the edge of the groove as it goes in. Is this cam lean? What should i do about this?

Cam lean would cause that. But so would a bad serving job or busted serving. You only have to bust one strand of the serving for it to do what your seeing. But you are correct, cam lean can too.

Basically if your cam leans one way or another thru out the draw cycle, its leaning. Can be caused by improperly installed strings/cables, bad limbs, inconsistently limbs, riser warp, limb pockets, axles, you name it. But it most likely is simply you need to adjust the split bus cable depending ont the bow.

To check for, you can eye ball it, use a level, or use a spott hogg laser tool. Which I love.

Snipe4Food 11-04-2009 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by bigcountry (Post 3493526)
Cam lean would cause that. But so would a bad serving job or busted serving. You only have to bust one strand of the serving for it to do what your seeing. But you are correct, cam lean can too.

Basically if your cam leans one way or another thru out the draw cycle, its leaning. Can be caused by improperly installed strings/cables, bad limbs, inconsistently limbs, riser warp, limb pockets, axles, you name it. But it most likely is simply you need to adjust the split bus cable depending ont the bow.

To check for, you can eye ball it, use a level, or use a spott hogg laser tool. Which I love.

Ok. my bow shoots fine though. Its accurate, pretty quite....do u think cam lean would be affecting this or not.

bigcountry 11-04-2009 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Snipe4Food (Post 3495033)
Ok. my bow shoots fine though. Its accurate, pretty quite....do u think cam lean would be affecting this or not.

As clearly outlined with my previous post, if you didn't break a serving strand, then cam lean can cause this, along with about dozen other things. Probably just a a broken strand, and it unraveled. I mean without checking, for cam lean, there is no telling.