Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Deer Calls?

Old 10-25-2009, 07:15 PM
Spike

Default Deer Calls?

What deer calls have you used or still using that works best of calling in deers?
Old 11-01-2009, 01:34 AM
Fork Horn

I'm sure many will chime in on this one. I have always used a tru-talker. I just lost mine on a hunt, so went to the store to buy another one - looked at the bone collector call, but is was just too big to fit in my belt pack. So I stuck with the Super Talker - great call and good improvements to the Tru-Talker. realistic sound, multiple calls, quiet, small, etc...
Old 11-17-2009, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

the can by primos
Old 11-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

I only rattle during the rut, the rest of the time I call them in by being QUIET.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

I usually burp when I can for somewhat of a young buck grunt if you will
Old 11-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

HS makes the True Talker and the only one I use! It got this last buck and two years ago I almost had the deer fight the tree I was in. Somehow he must have thought the tree was making the grunt and he came to fight something
Old 11-18-2009, 04:07 PM
Spike

primos the can, primos deep woods grunter, never go without them
Old 11-25-2009, 07:03 AM
Typical Buck

I use both the True Talker and Buck Roar and take both of them to the woods with me.
The True Talker sounds better at normal sound levels but the Buck Roar is superior and sounds better if you have to blow on it extra hard to get a Buck's attention way out there.
The True Talker sounds like a wounded duck if you blow too hard on it.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:38 AM
Spike

If its after the rut, the buck call wont do much for does. The lost fawn is a better option, just keep in mind that it could potentially bring in predators (depending on your location) which will totally ruin your chances.

Im not a big fan of calls. I have had limited success with antler rattling. Other than that, scent lures, good old tracking and camera traps are my preference.
===========================
affordable fertiliy clinic
enterrement de vie de garçon
Old 12-27-2009, 02:08 PM
Fork Horn

I have been using calls for years and have every type imaginable except the cruncher (what a joke) grunts, bleats, roars, bellows, wheezes, cans, and snorts. All have certain situations where each one seems to work best depending on weather conditions, wind and time of season. But my go to call is the buck-n-doe by wood wise I have call in more deer with it than all the others combined.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.