Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
my new arrows   good or bad? >

my new arrows good or bad?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

my new arrows good or bad?

Old 10-19-2009, 06:39 AM
Spike

well, should i be shooting carbon or aluminum? or is that a personal preference?
Old 10-19-2009, 06:58 AM
Spike

Oh no, you opened up that can-o-worms

In my opinion you should shoot carbon, but it is all I know because I have never used aluminum. They work for me they are super durable and look pretty =D.

On the other side though my dad uses aluminum arrows and he wouldn't go to carbon for anything, they are cheap and they work great from what I can tell when I go shooting with him.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:15 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by brandonxc
well, should i be shooting carbon or aluminum? or is that a personal preference?
doesn't make a lick of difference. No can opening or anything. Just got to have a spine that is good for your setup. A .400" spine carbon would work for your setup. I shoot both, kill deer with both. Love both.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:49 AM
Spike

could someone please post a link to a very affordable arrow that works for my set up. I wish i had money to buy what ever but unfortunetly i dont at this time.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:27 AM
Spike

i fyou want an good affordable alumuim arrow check out the easton game getters they run about $55 per dozen or for carbons gold tip xt hunters are good so are the beman bow hunters or beman ics hunters all will run about 45 to 55 per half dozen. alumuim will cost less than carbons. carbons will shoot a little faster but at 20 to 30 yards its hard to tell the difference they both will kill just as well if you are tight on money than there is nothing wrong with shooting alumuims

Last edited by MattressMLB; 10-19-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:58 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by brandonxc
could someone please post a link to a very affordable arrow that works for my set up. I wish i had money to buy what ever but unfortunetly i dont at this time.
check ebay for some 2216 gamegetters or camo XX75's. Or for some beman Hawks .4" spine (400).