Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
my new arrows   good or bad? >

my new arrows good or bad?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

my new arrows good or bad?

Old 10-15-2009, 01:00 PM
Spike

Default my new arrows good or bad?

can any one tell me if there is any thing wrong with using Easton 2213 superlites? how do they compare to others, i got a great deal on a dozen of them, so im just kinda curious
Old 10-15-2009, 01:58 PM
Spike

Not a thing wrong with them " Good Shaft " as long as they are straight and Spined right for your set up !

What is your set up ? Draw weight / Length / Broadhead Weight
Old 10-15-2009, 02:17 PM
Spike

honestly thats where my whole been doing this thing for less than 2 weeks kicks in, i bought the bow from a individual, and i dont have the money to have it "tuned" or "sized" or what ever you call it to me
Old 10-15-2009, 07:27 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by brandonxc
honestly thats where my whole been doing this thing for less than 2 weeks kicks in, i bought the bow from a individual, and i dont have the money to have it "tuned" or "sized" or what ever you call it to me
You got pay to play. You got to start somewhere. Start with type of bow, draw wieght, and draw length, and that will help us to actually comment on your arrows.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

You really don't have a choice.The bow must be tuned or your wasting your time.Those arrows might be right for your setup but then again they may not.There's info here and elsewhere that tells you how to do it yourself.Even at a good pro shop it won't cost much and will save you from a lot of headaches.Good luck!
Old 10-17-2009, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bernie is right. Archery is a lot like life. You can pay somebody to do everything for you, and learn nothing, or you can take the bull by the horns and learn how to do some things yourself.

Setting up and tuning a bow is pretty basic stuff. The hardest thing for a new person is learning the lingo and applying it to your work. The more you do the more you learn and you can expect to mske mistakes along the way.

One good source of info is Easton's Tuning and Maintenance Guide. You can download a copy from www.huntersfriend or a "sticky" at the top of the Tuning section at www.archerytalk.com.

If you're serious about this archery stuff you should spend some time at local shop and ask questions. It also wouldn't hurt to find and join a local archery club and spend some time participating in some of the indoor activities such as target shooting. Doing this you can meet a lot of people who are willing to help you first hand, and make new friends along the way. Some clubs may even have indoor 3D shoots, which are a lot of fun.

And never be intimidated or embarrassed about not knowing anything. We were all in this boat at one time or another.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

We need more info, your draw weight, arrow length, tip weight, single cam, dual cam, recurve, etc.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:15 AM
Spike

i shoot easton raiders and there cheap and i love them ive tried expensive arrows but there not worth it
Old 10-19-2009, 05:20 AM
Spike

ok i have learned alot, its a ben pearson 440 quad draw weight is 63# draw length is 29, single cam, arrow length is 28.5 tip weight is 125g

Last edited by brandonxc; 10-19-2009 at 06:37 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:29 AM
bigcountry

ok i have learned alot, draw weight is 63# draw length is 29, single cam, arrow length is 28.5 tip weight is 125g
If your talking about that pearson 440 you just got, then 2213's are way too weak for that setup. You would have to back out the poundage to 50lbs and drop tip wieght to 75gr to get to work well.

I recommend 2216's with 100gr tip for your setup. Or you could use 2219's with 125gr tip cut to 30".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.