HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Bow Speed (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/306199-bow-speed.html)

dwallac3 10-07-2009 09:21 PM

Bow Speed

I'm new here to the forum and I haven't gon through all the post so I'm sorry if this is a repeat. My friend said that he had but has lost a chart that has all the fps lost by accessories put on a bow. ie. so many fps for a peep or so many fps for a d loop and so on. Does anyone know where I could find a chart like this.
Thanks

cwanty03 10-08-2009 10:11 AM

really? that would be neat to look at, sorry cant help ya but would love to see it!

kldad06 10-08-2009 10:36 AM

unless you are a speed nut and just want it to shoot fast, speed should come 3rd behind accuracy and recoil (for lack of a better word). I love a bow that shoots lightning speeds, but for hunting purposes it is way over-rated. But if you find it I would be curious as to how much each thing does slow it down.

dwallac3 10-11-2009 02:15 PM

KLDAD06 I can not stand your arrogance and ignorance. For one I just put up a simple topic and you have to come on here and rip it apart. Another thing is that there are different products on the market, take Peep sights for examples. It might be nice when chooseing between two different types of peeps to know what the speed difference. I mean if I could have the information even a few more fps might be nice to gain.

StraightArrowNY 10-11-2009 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by dwallac3 (Post 3470257)
KLDAD06 I can not stand your arrogance and ignorance.

Relax, tough guy. He's just trying to help.

Rough day at work or what?

bigbulls 10-11-2009 04:16 PM

STRING ACCESSORY SPEED LOSS
Brass Nock 2 - 4 fps
Peep Sight 3 - 6 fps
String Silencers 2 - 6 fps
E-Buttons 2 fps each
Rubber Peep Tube 6 - 10 fps
String Loop 1 - 3 fps (without brass nocks)
VibraBlocks 0 - 2 fps

kldad06 10-12-2009 09:54 AM

sorry dwallac3, but if you have hunted very much at all you should know how much speed really affects hunting. Absolutely nothing. A bow that shoots 250fps kills just as easily as a bow that shoots 350fps. My point is that if you are new to hunting, speed should be the last priority.

live2Draw 10-12-2009 11:25 AM

yups, Quiet is my first :D

StraightArrowNY 10-12-2009 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by kldad06 (Post 3470936)
sorry straightarrow, but if you have hunted very much at all you should know how much speed really affects hunting. Absolutely nothing. A bow that shoots 250fps kills just as easily as a bow that shoots 350fps. My point is that if you are new to hunting, speed should be the last priority.

Hey, man, I agree with you. I was responding to his comment to you. He seemed a bit combative.

Sorry for the apparently confusing use of the quote function.

dwallac3 10-12-2009 06:44 PM

I don't consider myself a tough guy. It was just a simple question for my curiousity and to help me buy products. It just gets to me when I am reading post on forums and guys don't answer the question but say that your question is not important. Maybe people just want to know. It is all personal opinion any way if speed is important.