Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Rage 2blade. WHY? >

Rage 2blade. WHY?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Rage 2blade. WHY?

Old 10-01-2009, 06:30 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Bob Wire
no its not my bow my field tips shoot perfectly straight and accurate everytime its just when i use my braodheads they shoot slightly low and about 5 inches to the left....cant seem to figure y though
Field tips mean very little. Unless you are shooting thru paper at various yardage. Or comparing it to bareshaft tuning. When you put head on the end of the arrow, all the sudden you have wings on the front. If your bow is not tuned or rest not centered well, or even have a wobble on your cams, the BH will come out of the gate steering the arrow.

Even a mechanical has different flight characteristics even when closed. MOre blade area, the more planing.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bob Wire
no its not my bow my field tips shoot perfectly straight and accurate everytime its just when i use my braodheads they shoot slightly low and about 5 inches to the left....cant seem to figure y though
That is your tuning problem. Listen to these guys they are telling you the trueth and trying to help. Mechanicals are not the answer to irradic fb broadhead flight, even though thats what many people side with and think mechanicals are a magical broadhead, tuning is your answer. If you wanna shoot mechanicals affectively your bow needs to be tuned so it can shoot any broadhead. As long as you are tuned you can shoot anythign you want only thing to decide is if you want to sacrifce KE for a bigger entrance hole and possibly an exit hole as well as other small things between the two. Good luck and take their advice. WCL
Old 10-02-2009, 04:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

When I switched from the field points to my rage 2 blades, I was off a little but not bad. I was centered up and down perfectly but shooting to the left about 2 inches. I have great arrow flight so all I had to do was move my sight to the left a tad and im dead on.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:40 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by BowTech_Shooter
Rage 2 blade worked for me last night... I think I could put my fist through the hole it left...

And yes, my bow is tuned...

I think the poster is asking about flight, not really if a rage works. I am sure we can agree just about any BH will put a large hole in an animal??? I mean I got a simular hole with magnus 2 blade just a week ok.

Guess I am not sure why this post is here.

Old 10-02-2009, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wis_bow_huntr
When I switched from the field points to my rage 2 blades, I was off a little but not bad. I was centered up and down perfectly but shooting to the left about 2 inches. I have great arrow flight so all I had to do was move my sight to the left a tad and im dead on.
That is a stiff reaction as well. I bet if u added a few pounds of dw or switched to 125gr tips your poi would be the same with both and ur setup would really be right instead of just compensated. If u can try and add about 3 #s of dw and see what happens... U may be surprised...
Old 10-02-2009, 09:12 AM
Fork Horn

yup, gotta do some broadhead tuning man. shoot a fixed blade to tune your bow, adjust yur rest etc. after you figure out the spine issue that is.
The goal is to have a fixed blade and your field points impacting the same area
then jus about anything you put on the front of your arrow will shoot dead on
Old 10-02-2009, 09:14 AM
Spike

Try new arrows, I had the same problem and my bow is tuned. They are all correct still bring it to a pro shop and have them measure everything to be sure it is tuned.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
I think the poster is asking about flight, not really if a rage works. I am sure we can agree just about any BH will put a large hole in an animal??? I mean I got a simular hole with magnus 2 blade just a week ok.

Guess I am not sure why this post is here.

I took care of it for ya.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:24 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by BowTech_Shooter
I took care of it for ya.
Congrads on the kill Pat. Don't let my posts change the way you do things. Sometimes I look back at posts and wished I didn't phrase things the way I do. But I can't change who I am, my mouth has been getting me in and out of trouble since I was a tike.