Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Arrow Spine  .350  vs  .405 >

Arrow Spine .350 vs .405

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow Spine .350 vs .405

Old 10-02-2009, 11:26 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by bolton22
Because their web-site says they shoot 70#!! TV Pro??? Drury, Kisky, Reeve, Potts, Lakoski...any of these sound familiar?? I'm sorry but I think these TV pros probably know more than you and I and probably more than our local Pro Shops!!!

Thanks for your positive help in answering my question..I think I will now go out and buy 3 dozen!!
Honestly they don't sound fimiluar. I don't watch TV because it makes people freakin idiots. Honestly, I seriously doubt they know that much.

How in the world are we supposed to know why shoot a setup with underspined arrows? You tune the freakin bow/arrow combo. Its that freakin simple. I mean who knows, maybe they set thier bow down to 60pounds?

Remember, you came here asking questions. People tried to help. So before you start getting smart with folks, remember, you haven't helped anyone. First you say, "your guessing they shoot 70pounds" now you say, thier website says they shoot 70pounds. Which is it?

Where is thier website?

Old 10-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Fork Horn

Hey man, I say have at it. Go buy yourself a dozen, maybe even three dozen.
As I recall I only got smart with you after you got smart with me in the post above!! This is a forum for Tech help..Thats why I asked how it will affect my arrow flight!! You gave nothing to me as I have gave nothing.. You gave a smart mouth answer!! Thank you for your help Big Country..

Lee Lakosky--The Crush---Goods that kill...Mathews Reezan---29.5 draw--70#---Easton Flatline 400...all this according to BIG COUNTRY is underspined so go by 3 dozen and shoot like crap cause accuracy will go out the window!! Sound about right BC??

Thanks Again you are very helpfull!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2009, 12:18 PM
bigcountry

As I recall I only got smart with you after you got smart with me in the post above!! This is a forum for Tech help..Thats why I asked how it will affect my arrow flight!! You gave nothing to me as I have gave nothing.. You gave a smart mouth answer!! Thank you for your help Big Country..

Lee Lakosky--The Crush---Goods that kill...Mathews Reezan---29.5 draw--70#---Easton Flatline 400...all this according to BIG COUNTRY is underspined so go by 3 dozen and shoot like crap cause accuracy will go out the window!! Sound about right BC??

Thanks Again you are very helpfull!!!!!!!!!!
What more do you want from this page. You asked if you could shoot it. Told you, you would be underspined. You asked what would shooting underspined do. You were told accuracy would suffer. You ask why these people, who I sure won't follow, shoot thier setups. I have no idea.

If you don't believe me, PM TFOX, bigbulls or take to a pro-shop, or better yet, learn something about tuning, and try to tune an underspined arrow and see what happens for yourself.

There are many reasons why the guy could be shooting fine with his setup. He could have 27" drawlength, he could be using 75gr tips. Or using heavy wraps. I mean who knows.

You come one here with very little data and wanting someone to explain why. What did you expect?

Last edited by bigcountry; 10-02-2009 at 01:20 PM.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

I totally agree with BC.

The clowns on TV are far from pro's and their main job is to sell you the crap their sponors give them.

But hey if you want to listen to them go right ahead. Just remember the guys on here tried to help you with common sense answers.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Because their web-site says they shoot 70#!! TV Pro??? Drury, Kisky, Reeve, Potts, Lakoski...any of these sound familiar?? I'm sorry but I think these TV pros probably know more than you and I and probably more than our local Pro Shops!!!

Thanks for your positive help in answering my question..I think I will now go out and buy 3 dozen!!
and.....

Ok so if I do this everybody says I will be underspined...So when I look at the "pros" set-ups they have listed on their sites then they also shoot underspined...Why??

For instance one pro set-up I looked at shoots the Easton Flatline 400 with a .400 spine..I'm guessing this persons draw weight at 70# but their draw length is 29.5" and they shoot the Reezan..By the Easton Shaft selector that isn't even a recommended shaft and by what you all are telling me that would be under spined..so why shoot it then?? specially if your a TV pro??
Do yourself a favor and listen to someone who no doubt knows a lot more than MANY of those "PRO's" you are referring to. BC knows his stuff as do many here, I'd like to think myself included, and I'll tell you as he did, with a .400 spine arrow, you're going to be SIGNIFICANTLY underspined!!!! Like it or not, that's the facts!!!! Screw on some Fixed BH's and prepare for WEAK SPINE reactions!!!

Why come asking questions if you already know all the answers????

Check out OnTarget2 or Archer's Advantage programs and see what they say??? Those are a couple of programs that the REAL PRO's use to help determine spine for specific set-ups!!!
Old 10-03-2009, 03:38 AM
Fork Horn

Check out OnTarget2 or Archer's Advantage programs and see what they say???
Well Well Well....It only took an argument to get some good valuable info...Thank you OHBowhntr! Both sites seem to have good info available on them!!
Old 10-03-2009, 07:01 AM
bigcountry

Well Well Well....It only took an argument to get some good valuable info...Thank you OHBowhntr! Both sites seem to have good info available on them!!

Well, if you don't have the licenced version of either, they are fairly useless. Guess who has a licened version of both? Guess who took the time to run those numbers for you on both, to come to the same conclusion that I gave you?

You know the more I think about it, why do I even bother to try help guys like you?

Old 10-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Well, if you don't have the licenced version of either, they are fairly useless. Guess who has a licened version of both? Guess who took the time to run those numbers for you on both, to come to the same conclusion that I gave you?

You know the more I think about it, why do I even bother to try help guys like you?
Because it may result in a game animal being hit well vs. poorly and a quick recovery rather than that animal suffering!!!!

Bolton,
Again, there are some very knowledgeable guys here, that can and will help you, but when you come off like you did, you make them wonder why they help you sometimes. Take a step back and re-read what you post, it may save you a little wrath on occasion!!!
Old 10-03-2009, 03:13 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by OHbowhntr
Because it may result in a game animal being hit well vs. poorly and a quick recovery rather than that animal suffering!!!!
Well maybe. But I remember back when I was a kid, and I didn't even know what spine was. I was lucky to hit a target at 20 yards with my whitetail hunter. I went to the local magic mart (kinda like a low brow Kmart) and picked up whatever alums they had.

It took me 5 years to finally figured out there was more to it. Then I got my browning excellerator. Great bow. In the area, they finally opened a bow shop. A guy behind the counter said "you need these arrows". They were 2216's. And I shot em. Things improved. Effective range 20-25yards with broadheads. Good day, 30 yards. Then ran thru a few PSE's. Went thru the carbon revolution. And finally some quality guides came out. Then the internet came. Changed everything.

There was no internet. There was no easton guide. Not even decent literature. We had one guy in a 100 mile radius who had a chart from easton. You had to work for the knowledge.

Now, a guy comes here, and instantly expects good reliable info and I bet he posted on other forums and got equally good info. Maybe even downloaded a test version of ontarget. Instant answer. No work for it or anything. And when he doens't hear what he wants. Well, he figures, lets be a jerk.

I am no expert. I don't work on bows full time like bigbulls or swampcollie and others. But I do know my own bows and friends and neighbors who bring them by to work on. And I do know the mathews outback.

Last edited by bigcountry; 10-03-2009 at 03:19 PM.

Old 10-03-2009, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Well maybe. But I remember back when I was a kid, and I didn't even know what spine was. I was lucky to hit a target at 20 yards with my whitetail hunter. I went to the local magic mart (kinda like a low brow Kmart) and picked up whatever alums they had.

It took me 5 years to finally figured out there was more to it. Then I got my browning excellerator. Great bow. In the area, they finally opened a bow shop. A guy behind the counter said "you need these arrows". They were 2216's. And I shot em. Things improved. Effective range 20-25yards with broadheads. Good day, 30 yards. Then ran thru a few PSE's. Went thru the carbon revolution. And finally some quality guides came out. Then the internet came. Changed everything.

There was no internet. There was no easton guide. Not even decent literature. We had one guy in a 100 mile radius who had a chart from easton. You had to work for the knowledge.

Now, a guy comes here, and instantly expects good reliable info and I bet he posted on other forums and got equally good info. Maybe even downloaded a test version of ontarget. Instant answer. No work for it or anything. And when he doens't hear what he wants. Well, he figures, lets be a jerk.

I am no expert. I don't work on bows full time like bigbulls or swampcollie and others. But I do know my own bows and friends and neighbors who bring them by to work on. And I do know the mathews outback.
Funny BC, sounds a lot like my "upbringing" in archery. Especially the Browning X-Cellerator, which I have the "Plus" version of still in good shootable condition, and I actually shot a few arrow through it earlier this week. It took me almost 10yrs. to figure much out, and be successful, and that was without the internet as well. Oh how far ahead of our times would we have been with the resources at our disposal now, available to us THEN!!! I know I'd have never been shooting 2212's FULL LENGTH nonetheless out of a 70# 30" bow, that is for DAMNED SURE, but oh they were FAST!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.