Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
2 Blade Rage Vs. Nap BloodRunner Vs. Fixed BH >

2 Blade Rage Vs. Nap BloodRunner Vs. Fixed BH

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

2 Blade Rage Vs. Nap BloodRunner Vs. Fixed BH

Old 09-30-2009, 11:34 AM
Spike

Default 2 Blade Rage Vs. Nap BloodRunner Vs. Fixed BH

which will be better off taking down big game...?
Old 09-30-2009, 11:56 AM
Fork Horn

Define BIG GAME
Old 09-30-2009, 12:04 PM
Typical Buck

the rage 2 and nap bloodrunner are both really nasty broadheads
Old 09-30-2009, 12:07 PM
Spike

deer and black bear
Old 09-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

It all depends on what big game, what kind of set up you are shooting and shot placement. Im shooting the rage 2 blade this year for deer hunting. If I was hunting elk or moose I would possibly switch to a g% striker or somthing along those lines in case I needed something a little stouter if I ran into some bone.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Depends on how big. Bear, deer, I'd use the rage. (I shoot a rage now) But if I were to shoot anything any bigger than a deer or black bear, I'd probably change to a cut on contact type blade. Less loss in KE when you really need it - on those bigger, tougher animals.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

For all i know the blood runner may be a great head. I just can't get past how thick it looks. IMO that thickness plus the cutting diameter will effect penetration
Old 09-30-2009, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DannyD
For all i know the blood runner may be a great head. I just can't get past how thick it looks. IMO that thickness plus the cutting diameter will effect penetration
ding ding ding!!!

With the rage2 or the blood runner you better make sure you are packing a punch before you expect to see pass thrus...

Bear and deer should be ok as long as you have pretty good energy. They will both make some brutal holes, but the last thing you want is a plugged up hole with no blood on the ground. That being said, there are tons of videos that show the rage2 w/out a pass thru and a good blood trail so... And the vidoe of the eland buck being shot with the bloodrunner shows that as well. I had a non-pass thru on a doe last year with a 3 blade rage and there was zero blood. Luckily she went 40yds and i found her easily, but there wasnt a blood trail!
Old 09-30-2009, 01:53 PM
Spike

i'm shooting about 69#...
Old 10-01-2009, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

You would probably be alright shooting any of those heads. People preach too much about penetration. Deer and black bear are relatively thin skined and small boned compared to the larger north american big game. If your pulling 69 lbs and generating 60+ ft lbs of kenetic energy out of a well tuned bow you should be fine. A well tuned bow and shot placement are the major players, doesnt matter what head you shoot if you dont hit it in the right spot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.