Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
what to put on cable guard slide to keep it quiet?! >

what to put on cable guard slide to keep it quiet?!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

what to put on cable guard slide to keep it quiet?!

Old 09-28-2009, 06:29 PM
Spike

Default what to put on cable guard slide to keep it quiet?!

Hi guys. i just got the bowtech sniper and i love it. im ready for opening day in NY in 3 weeks. i notice the cable slide guard slide makes a little bit of noise when i draw back. is there anything i can put on the slide to quiet it down? string wax? vaseline? please help me out. thanks!
Old 09-29-2009, 03:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I dont think youll want to put wax on it as that may build up and if it gets wet, the cable slide may stick and jerk and the draw. I think you want to use a light silicone or graphite spray on the cable guide bar. I dont think id use anything like wax or veg. oil as they get sticky over time...
Old 09-29-2009, 07:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

You can buy teflon cable slide tape or you can replace the stock slide with a teflon slide.This will cure your issue and not create smells like some of the sprays and such will do.