HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   adjusting sight level (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/304928-adjusting-sight-level.html)

tremolo 09-25-2009 08:12 PM

adjusting sight level

Just wondering how you guys setup your sight levels? I have been shooting and had some weird arrow flight and noticed that the level is not right. When I have the level on my sight centered I torque my bow. What is the best way to find true level and adjust my sight so it is level? I am thinking about putting a level across the riser and checking what the level on my sight shows then putting shims between the top or bottom screws at the riser. Will this work or will that put my sights at an angle and shoot left or right at greater distances?

I guess it really depends on if the sight i ****ed or if the level is not in the sight correctly.

BTW its a Extreme Archery RT900 4-Pin

Thanks

Vince

Bernie P. 09-26-2009 05:53 AM

I've tried using the level while aiming/shooting but I do just fine ignoring it.

tremolo 09-26-2009 06:15 AM

I have been using it for so long it now i feel like i torque the bow when i am really not it would just make me feel better being able to see it.

live2Draw 09-26-2009 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by tremolo (Post 3454157)
Just wondering how you guys setup your sight levels? I have been shooting and had some weird arrow flight and noticed that the level is not right. When I have the level on my sight centered I torque my bow. What is the best way to find true level and adjust my sight so it is level? I am thinking about putting a level across the riser and checking what the level on my sight shows then putting shims between the top or bottom screws at the riser. Will this work or will that put my sights at an angle and shoot left or right at greater distances?

I guess it really depends on if the sight i ****ed or if the level is not in the sight correctly.

BTW its a Extreme Archery RT900 4-Pin

Thanks

Vince

if your site is on your bow, the level is right, if it appears to not be, you are torquing your bow. :rock: cool vid about proper grip to eliminate torque

tremolo 09-26-2009 04:20 PM

when i use the level i am shooting all over the place to the right and my sight is out of adjustment. If i draw and shoot with it feeling like it is level it shoots fine. I kinda have to twist my wrist to make it read level, so i dont think that it is right.

TFOX 09-26-2009 05:34 PM

You can shim the level/sight if there is not a 2nd axis adjustment to fit your style.Not the absolute best way to do it imo but is completely acceptable.Pull back on level ground and see if you are holding it level,you can set it to your cant if it makes you shoot better.

casey012293 07-11-2011 09:01 AM

i have a black gold flashpoint hd off www.bugsnbullets.com (i love the micro adjust, best sight investment) which is an awesome sight but i had to check my level too. i made sure the bowstring was level in a bowvise and then set the sight level.

Bernie P. 07-12-2011 05:43 AM

I've since taken the level off.With the weight reduction I can carry the bow all day.:happy0001:

sixgunluvr 08-19-2011 09:44 AM

"if your site is on your bow, the level is right" ummm not so much.:confused2:

check out Hamskea Archery tool and do some searches on 3rd axis. A whole new world will open up to you and i'm sure you'll be shooting better in no time.

The RT 900 does not show a 2nd or 3rd axis adjustment so you'd have to shim for that.

Do some reading and grab a carpenters level.

I like the PSE Top Gun F-22 sight......it has the Axis adjustments.

wis_bow_huntr 09-02-2011 05:32 AM

I bought an Apex single pin lighted sight with a level on it and hated it with a passion. I would concentrate more on my level than my shooting form and where I was aiming. So I gave it to my brother.