Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Problem with Rage after switching blades. >

Problem with Rage after switching blades.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Problem with Rage after switching blades.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

Dstubbs-
I took a pick and pulled the oring out around the barb to hold the blade in. Not only did it work, but held way better than original.
Dont care what kinda broadhead you use as long as it is killin deer effeciently for yah. Get er done buddy
Old 09-24-2009, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

If there are differnt screws/pins that hold the blades in that might cause the blade not to be able to slide up enough to lock in place.

As for the rest of the post. Its pretty pathetic that when someone gets on here to get help and ask a simple question, the self proclaimed know it all archery gods have to come in and jump the poor kid for using a rage broadhead. There are people on here with a welth of knowledge and experience that everyone including myself can benefit from. Its a shame that in the process of benefiting from all the experience and knowledge we have to put up with the arogance and ignorance of these know it alls that critsize anyone who doesnt bow down to thier ways. These are probably the same people that arent respected and laughed at for the arogance/ignorance outside their little internet world. Give it a break, if you have tips and advice great but if all your gonna do is critsize someone for not going along with what you think is the right way then mind your business.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:07 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by passthru79
If there are differnt screws/pins that hold the blades in that might cause the blade not to be able to slide up enough to lock in place.

As for the rest of the post. Its pretty pathetic that when someone gets on here to get help and ask a simple question, the self proclaimed know it all archery gods have to come in and jump the poor kid for using a rage broadhead. There are people on here with a welth of knowledge and experience that everyone including myself can benefit from. Its a shame that in the process of benefiting from all the experience and knowledge we have to put up with the arogance and ignorance of these know it alls that critsize anyone who doesnt bow down to thier ways. These are probably the same people that arent respected and laughed at for the arogance/ignorance outside their little internet world. Give it a break, if you have tips and advice great but if all your gonna do is critsize someone for not going along with what you think is the right way then mind your business.
Thats right man, you tell em. They are pathetic. Why do they do this?

Old 09-24-2009, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

My point exactly.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:24 AM
Typical Buck

After taking the heads apart and inspecting everything, i came to realize that the pins that hold the blades in had become a little bent. It's very very hard to notice but i am 100% sure that it is the problem. I inserted a good pin on the bad heads and it seemed to fix the problem. Thanks for everyones advice on this issue.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Thats right man, you tell em. They are pathetic. Why do they do this?
You kill me sometimes, BC.

Hey, wasn't it just a day or two ago you lit me up because I said I shoot Grim Reapers? The differences between me and these guys is that for one, I respect your opintion and somewhere deep down I know that you're right. Second, I'm old enough to know better than to take the bait and respond....
Old 09-24-2009, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

I see its the typical BC post on here. As much at it KILLS me to admit it -- I have to agree with BC though. Not saying that using a mechanical is a bad thing -- some work-- some are more prone to failure. Beleive me I want to choke the dude just as much as you guys -- but he does know his stuff and I do value his opinion-- I just think he could get his point across in a less demeaning way instead of bashing everything people do.

For the record -- I just said I agree with BC -- and now I'm going to go hang myself
Old 09-24-2009, 09:16 AM
Typical Buck

Personally i wouldn't give a rats ___ if BC and GMATT fell off the face of the earth. Talk about ego driven, insecure d-bags. If these guy's could learn to refocus they're efforts onto issues that actually matter, i think they would get much more satisfaction out of life. I would pay to see these two meet in person, what a **** fight that would be. You call me childish? Child please!
Old 09-24-2009, 09:20 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by LittleChief
You kill me sometimes, BC.

Hey, wasn't it just a day or two ago you lit me up because I said I shoot Grim Reapers? The differences between me and these guys is that for one, I respect your opintion and somewhere deep down I know that you're right. Second, I'm old enough to know better than to take the bait and respond....
Never shot grims, so doubt it was me. In fact, your the only I know that shoots Grims.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:21 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by dstubb
Personally i wouldn't give a rats ___ if BC and GMATT fell off the face of the earth. Talk about ego driven, insecure d-bags. If these guy's could learn to refocus they're efforts onto issues that actually matter, i think they would get much more satisfaction out of life. I would pay to see these two meet in person, what a **** fight that would be. You call me childish? Child please!
Thats not very nice. But I am in the southern Oh region from time to time. I would love to meet up with you.

Last edited by bigcountry; 09-24-2009 at 09:25 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.