Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Problem with Rage after switching blades. >

Problem with Rage after switching blades.

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Problem with Rage after switching blades.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't know how old you are or your maturity level but you sound like you are about two or three from reading your posts here.

You are completely missing the point enitrely.

I didn't say you were going to use the two broken broadheads. But you do plan on using the same broadhead (IE: Rage two blade) which could very well have the same issue or another issue.

If they are having issues now then it can certainly have issues in the future. Be they "shooting situation" issues or "terminal performance" issues, or assembly issues.

Why do you want to take a chance on having some kind of "issue" the next time you go hunting?
Old 09-23-2009, 05:13 PM
Typical Buck

Actually i'm 7 1/2. Guess what, i am going to continue using them. Go bark up a different tree and get out of my post. Someone just started a "what broadhead are you using this year" thread in the bowhunting forum. Half of the people there are using the Rage 2-blades. There are more victims there for you to go rain down on than there are here.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dont worry about it dstubb. You asked a simple question and somehow this turned into a rage bashing post. There are a ton of rage haters on these forums. BC, has a vendetta against anyone using the rage product for whatever reason. He pulled the same stunt on a different post in the bowhunting section. I shoot rage as well, and if they work for you continue to use them.

If you're having problems with the blades, take them back off, replace them and see if you have the same problem.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

You asked a simple question and somehow this turned into a rage bashing post.
My comments were not intended to bash Rage or any other specific broadhead. My comments were made to hopefully educate someone as to why the one single piece of equipment that actually kills the animal should be as simple, durable and reliable as possible. But then dstubbs real personality came out and he started acting like a 2 year old. Then it just became fun for me.

I honestly can not see why someone would want to continue to use a broadhead, any broadhead, that is having problems as simple as assembly. And I am not referring to the actual two that are broken but rather the model all together. In this case it is the Rage 2 blade but it could be any model.

There are some excellent mechanicals on the market that are made well with very simple designs that are very reliable and strong as nails. The Rocket steel heads are one such example.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not sure if im understanding your original post right, but ill play...

So, youre having trouble getting the catches on the backs of the blades to go PAST the o-ring to lock in to place???

If so, have you tried sliding the o-ring down toward the threads and out of the grove, closing the blades, and then putting the o-ring back in place? Then they would really be locked good and tight.

Like I said, not sure if I understand your problem completely.

Derek
Old 09-23-2009, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

Now I know why I read, listen, and let someone else take the lashing. Happy hunting and good luck to you all.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rage is another excellent mechanical bigbulls. Whether you think so or not.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:53 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by fingerz42
Dont worry about it dstubb. You asked a simple question and somehow this turned into a rage bashing post. There are a ton of rage haters on these forums. BC, has a vendetta against anyone using the rage product for whatever reason. He pulled the same stunt on a different post in the bowhunting section. I shoot rage as well, and if they work for you continue to use them.

If you're having problems with the blades, take them back off, replace them and see if you have the same problem.
That dad gone BC. Why does he do such a thing. Oh yea, he's been there and done that probably.

After all the years seeing fads come and go, its just funny watching newer shooters jumping on every bandwagon thier is. Kids these days are a marketers dream

Old 09-24-2009, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm amazed at how this place has changed in the 4-5 years I was away from here. There used to be lots of great technical advice from some very knowledgeable folks, and people shared it freely. With the way i see people acting here now, as well as in the Bowhuntuing forum, No wonder most of those people are gone, or lurk & don't post. I've had some heated arguments here before, but this 12 year old junior high school girl stuff is ridiculous.

Now when someone asks a simple question for help about a specific problem- they get a lecture. It's no different than the bow bashing BS "I've got a problem with my Mathews, can someone help?" and then some idiot says "Mathews is a POS, buy something else".

Dstubb- I can't help you, I don't own or shoot Rage heads- you obviously would be better off contacting thier CS department.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:09 AM
bigcountry

Jeff, its the internet. I am amazed how serious people take forums. Its a forum. Its not life and death. We are not curing cancer here.

What is childish how a grown man could take it all so seriously. Thats my take. Yea, I like poke fun at folks who fall for such marketing tatics. And I try to help others along the way. And sometimes I take advise.

4-5 years ago, you had egos competing with each other. Thats it. People picking pepper out of ant crap we call it. And they competed so hard, a newbie was lucky if they ever got a simple question answered. I personally witnessed what one supposal expert poster who owned a pro-shop that some worshiped could do . I was sorely disappointed. This man was a crook, this man was a fraud.

You know what I have noticed over the last 10years? A sharp increase of people posting they used a mech and now can't find thier deer. Now, thats real life. Thats not internet.

Originally Posted by JeffB
I'm amazed at how this place has changed in the 4-5 years I was away from here. There used to be lots of great technical advice from some very knowledgeable folks, and people shared it freely. With the way i see people acting here now, as well as in the Bowhuntuing forum, No wonder most of those people are gone, or lurk & don't post. I've had some heated arguments here before, but this 12 year old junior high school girl stuff is ridiculous.

Now when someone asks a simple question for help about a specific problem- they get a lecture. It's no different than the bow bashing BS "I've got a problem with my Mathews, can someone help?" and then some idiot says "Mathews is a POS, buy something else".

Dstubb- I can't help you, I don't own or shoot Rage heads- you obviously would be better off contacting thier CS department.

Last edited by bigcountry; 09-24-2009 at 06:11 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.