Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
stumped- ST broadheads 2.5 inch left and 1 inch low compared to FP >

stumped- ST broadheads 2.5 inch left and 1 inch low compared to FP

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

stumped- ST broadheads 2.5 inch left and 1 inch low compared to FP

Old 09-18-2009, 05:34 AM
Spike

Default stumped- ST broadheads 2.5 inch left and 1 inch low compared to FP

Folks,

Been shooting for the past several weeks. I thought things were going well so I decided to put on a broadhead to verify. To my horror, they hit 2 1/2 inches left and 1 inch low. Last year they were spot on. The broadheads are slick tricks, 125 gr.
I am shooting a Darton Avalanche, 65-68 lbs with Beman ICS hunter 340's. Any suggestions would be great.

Mike
Old 09-18-2009, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Broadhead tune...you are probably very close on your setup, but not perfect.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=539460
Old 09-18-2009, 08:54 AM
Spike

WV Hunter, thanks. after posting I actually saw this on archery talk. It is a great guide. Being a relative newbie, I am learning how to adjust the different components of the bow. I now have to go back and figure out how to adjust the rest. wish me luck
Old 09-18-2009, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouild agree, slight rest movement, shoot both FB and ST's again, you should see them either getting farther apart, or closer together. Don't stress over it, it isn't a major problem.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:25 AM
Spike

Thanks handles. i want perfection. I gut shot a doe last year, but did find her and I don't want that to happen again. I, like all bowhunters, want a quick kill, so i want the BH to fly like the FP. So, you think 2.5 L and 1 down is a small issue, easily corrected?
Old 09-18-2009, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WTDoc
Thanks handles. i want perfection. I gut shot a doe last year, but did find her and I don't want that to happen again. I, like all bowhunters, want a quick kill, so i want the BH to fly like the FP. So, you think 2.5 L and 1 down is a small issue, easily corrected?
Hopefully. start off by moving the rest about 1/4" right, and a few millimeters up.

Your fp impact will change so be ready for that. You will get it with a bit of time! Good luck

Derek
Old 09-18-2009, 12:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just got done correcting the same issue...end result is it is quite suprising how out of tune your bow can get....

I started with paper tuning and was tail high and right...adjusted my rest accordingly(essentially chasing tear direction with adjustments) until I was shooting bullet holes. I then resighted my FP's in. Once complete with the resight I checked BH's at same distance - money. I then compared Muzzy, ST, and Thunderhead out of curiosity and whalah they are flying amazing and dead money to my FPs...seems and sounds too good to be true.. Next I verified POI out to 40 yards and was in line and on... Happiest I ever have been after shooting broadheds right now.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Carpmaster
I just got done correcting the same issue...end result is it is quite suprising how out of tune your bow can get....

I started with paper tuning and was tail high and right...adjusted my rest accordingly(essentially chasing tear direction with adjustments) until I was shooting bullet holes. I then resighted my FP's in. Once complete with the resight I checked BH's at same distance - money. I then compared Muzzy, ST, and Thunderhead out of curiosity and whalah they are flying amazing and dead money to my FPs...seems and sounds too good to be true.. Next I verified POI out to 40 yards and was in line and on... Happiest I ever have been after shooting broadheds right now.
You cant beat confidence when going into the deer woods!
Old 09-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by drockw
You cant beat confidence when going into the deer woods!

You also can't beat buck fever HAHAHAH
Old 09-18-2009, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by FSUBIGMAC
You also can't beat buck fever HAHAHAH
When Confidence>doubt you can... It is hard to take your eyes off of a nice rack tho

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.