Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
What Do Ya Think?!?? >

What Do Ya Think?!??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What Do Ya Think?!??

Old 09-14-2009, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default What Do Ya Think?!??

My brother has been shooting his broadheads for two weeks now and has been shooting them fine!

I guess yesterday he went out and shot 20yrds dead on but when he dropped back to 30 he is now high and right??

He swears it looks like nothing has moved but after examining his bow he thinks the top limb may be starting to crack around the limb bolt??? I am going to go pick it up for him now and run it to the shop to have them check the limbs out, but is it possible that a incorrect nocking point/rest movement would cause this all of a sudden??

I dont know how you are dead on at 20, but HIGH with your 30 unless the pin has moved which he says it hasnt??

Any Ideas???
Old 09-14-2009, 07:11 AM
Typical Buck

Try it back at 20? If its still on then start the witch hunt. A cracked limb would affect it all the time?i would think. None the less id get that checked for sure!
Old 09-14-2009, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey whats up BoilerMaker...long time no talk!!!

Yeah I am on my way to go pick up his bow and check it out or have it looked at if I am unsure because he is at work and get it done himself today!!

I will see what I can find out in a few minutes, meanwhile any other suggestions would be appreciated!!!
Old 09-14-2009, 07:18 AM
bigcountry

If there is any cracking whatsoever I say don't shoot it.

I have pushed my luck a few times, and let me tell ya, when they go, you go, well best case is you go and change your drawers. Its pretty freakin intense.

Old 09-14-2009, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
If there is any cracking whatsoever I say don't shoot it.

I have pushed my luck a few times, and let me tell ya, when they go, you go, well best case is you go and change your drawers. Its pretty freakin intense.

Haha good answer, like I said I am out the door right now to go check it out and see whats up!! Thanks for your help I will be back shortly with and update/more questions!!!

Later On!!
Old 09-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well problem solved!!!!

I checked it out and the limb was not cracked, he was looking at a small paint chip! It turned out being the center serving was moving on him causing his centershot to be all out of whack!! We got a new serving put on, and retuned center shot and he is now ready for the woods in the morning!!!

Thanks everybody for the help!!!
Old 09-14-2009, 02:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was thinking that even if it was it doesn't make sense that they would fly high, but then again if the top was weak the bottom would pull the nock point down and it could make the arrow fly high, but the fletch would most likely hit something and cause it to drop like a rock. The bow itself would want to fall quickly at the shot making it drop as well.