Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Broadhead weight? >

Broadhead weight?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Broadhead weight?

Old 09-11-2009, 06:20 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by FSUBIGMAC
Ya maybe I will. I know he knows more about a bow than you do thats for sure. I'm really glad you can take a simple question and turn it into a smart azz argument. You always were a prick
That wasn't very nice and even breaking forum rules. You sound like a kid.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Todd is all over this one like white and rice and has it smothered and covered.

Just as an aside though... if you are wondering about spine reactions and what not... field points are cheap... shoot a couple 100s and a couple 125s and see what the difference is... walk them on back to 30 and 40 and even 50 yards.... I think you'll find your 125s will drift.

I've shot 125s for a long time.... but that was on 70# bows.... usually backed down a bit... and on .340 arrows that were boarderline stiff.

I bought a 60# drenalin this spring... and with maxima hunter 250s at 28" (finished) and 125gr heads.... for the first time in my enlightened (meaning since I learned the difference between a turd and wild honey with regards to archery) I had some problems getting my broadheads and field points together.

On a wild hair... I broke out some montec 100gr pre-seasons.... and instantly FPs and BHs came together with dang near no adjustments at all (which was pure luck).... so now I'm back to 100s.... with more Slick Trick Mags on the way... glad the blades from the 125 mags are the same... got plenty of spares already ;-)

In hindsight... I downloaded a demo of AA... or OT2... I forget... plugged all my info in... and 250s with 125s came up a shade weak... went back and amended it to 100s... boom... literally perfect on the spine scale.... might have saved me some headache to start there rather than finish there.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

[quote=SwampCollie;3438135]Todd is all over this one like white and rice and has it smothered and covered.

Just as an aside though... if you are wondering about spine reactions and what not... field points are cheap... shoot a couple 100s and a couple 125s and see what the difference is... walk them on back to 30 and 40 and even 50 yards.... I think you'll find your 125s will drift.

I've shot 125s for a long time.... but that was on 70# bows.... usually backed down a bit... and on .340 arrows that were boarderline stiff.

I bought a 60# drenalin this spring... and with maxima hunter 250s at 28" (finished) and 125gr heads.... for the first time in my enlightened (meaning since I learned the difference between a turd and wild honey with regards to archery) I had some problems getting my broadheads and field points together.

On a wild hair... I broke out some montec 100gr pre-seasons.... and instantly FPs and BHs came together with dang near no adjustments at all (which was pure luck).... so now I'm back to 100s.... with more Slick Trick Mags on the way... glad the blades from the 125 mags are the same... got plenty of spares already ;-)

In hindsight... I downloaded a demo of AA... or OT2... I forget... plugged all my info in... and 250s with 125s came up a shade weak... went back and amended it to 100s... boom... literally perfect on the spine scale.... might have saved me some headache to start there rather than finish there.[/quote]

I have used both and AA is usually a tad stiffer than OT2 but as we all know,stiffer is better.I have even heard it said that Easton recommends AA for spine selection BUT THAT IS INTERNET HEAR SAY,do not know it for sure.

I did try some old broadheads I had laying around from GKF called dead heads.On the 500's,they impacted several inches right.I never had much luck with those broadheads.The blades were angled and I think the blades just took over.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
I heard crackers sprinkles magic powder on bows and gets 10fps increase. Thats just what I heard.
Over on AT they call it magic "chinchilla dust"... Thats what they say

Or maybe its just that he litterally does thousands of bows per year
Old 09-12-2009, 12:26 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigcountry
That wasn't very nice and even breaking forum rules. You sound like a kid.
Glad you think so. My bad -- I appologize for asking a legitimate question and you respond by trying to be a smart azz and making fun of me for having faith in the guy the tuned my bow.I also appologize for not having having the money to buy my own equipment to help me tune a bow. Sounds to me like someone may be jelous; that or you really are a pompous azz and don't really care about helping people out. Go hug a tree, really. This is where you insert your foot in mouth.

If you can't get over yourself then please don't respond to my threads. I think you could have some really good insight and I WAS looking forward to hearing from you; instead, you try to act cool by telling me to go to someone who I beleive knows what they are talking about? WOW good one. Now who's acting like a douche?

I also love how you assume I am a Crackers fanboy from me recommending him to a guy that 1. Lived in Missouri 2. Needed tuning 3. Didn't have confidence in any of his nearby shops. OMG OMG HE IS THE GREATEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD!!!! Seriously dude get over it HAHAH. You're the one acting like a kid.

Last edited by FSUBIGMAC; 09-12-2009 at 12:36 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:26 AM
Fork Horn

To Swamp, Fox, Derek and everyone else that posted useful and insightful info -- thanks
Old 09-12-2009, 12:31 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by drockw
Over on AT they call it magic "chinchilla dust"... Thats what they say

Or maybe its just that he litterally does thousands of bows per year
Chinchilla dust = lava dust. I just ordered a truckload -- I am selling it for the low low price of $100 for a 4 oz bottle. 25fps gain guaranteed I also read a dude on AT gained 17 fps because is god pissed on his cam. BigCountry... this service is free of charge to you -- send me your bow -- i will even pay shipping

Last edited by FSUBIGMAC; 09-12-2009 at 12:38 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:43 AM
bigcountry

[quote=FSUBIGMAC;3438221]Glad you think so. My bad -- I appologize for asking a legitimate question and you respond by trying to be a smart azz and making fun of me for having faith in the guy the tuned my bow.I also appologize for not having having the money to buy my own equipment to help me tune a bow.quote]

Hey Bigmac, just trying to help you out. What equipment do you think you need to tune a bow anyway? You got all you need. TFOX gave you spot on advise. Now you just got to go do it.