Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Broadhead weight? >

Broadhead weight?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Broadhead weight?

Old 09-10-2009, 11:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lowering poundage or decreasing tip weight is the only thing you can do,short of cutting the arrows even shorter.

Try the broadheads you have before you go any further.That will tell you all you need to know.You are probably close enough to get them to fly but imo,I doubt they will group with FP's.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:04 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by TFOX
Lowering poundage or decreasing tip weight is the only thing you can do,short of cutting the arrows even shorter.

Try the broadheads you have before you go any further.That will tell you all you need to know.You are probably close enough to get them to fly but imo,I doubt they will group with FP's.
Yeah I can't cut the arrows any shorter. They are about a 1/2 inch past the launcher arm -- thats where i picked up some speed was going from 31 in to 28in for arrows. I will definately give them a try --- i was just curious as to what the OT program said.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:02 PM
bigcountry

You ought to send it to crackers and get it crackerized. He is the best ever been or will be.

Old 09-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
You ought to send it to crackers and get it crackerized. He is the best ever been or will be.
Damn strait
Old 09-11-2009, 12:50 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by drockw
Damn strait
I heard crackers sprinkles magic powder on bows and gets 10fps increase. Thats just what I heard.

Old 09-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigcountry
I heard crackers sprinkles magic powder on bows and gets 10fps increase. Thats just what I heard.
Ya maybe I will. I know he knows more about a bow than you do thats for sure. I'm really glad you can take a simple question and turn it into a smart azz argument. You always were a prick
Old 09-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Fork Horn

Back to the main topic -- any suggestions?
Old 09-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Give you an idea of what you could expect.I have a .440 spine and that tunes perfect with bareshafts and broadheads.I shoot ACC's and today just for giggles shot my FMJ 500's out of MY BOW.The diameter and fletch is really close so subsequently the up and down impact out to 30 was very similar with broadheads.I was surprised to see that even at 30 the arrows impacted about 1" to the right of fp's.

I checked them through paper and I was also surprised to see that they shot bulletholes.

I have top of the line arrows,an arrow rest that is up untill the fletching gets to it for ultimate guidance.The bow has been tuned to perfection on Hooter shooter and in my hands.

What I am saying is if you have everything perfect,you might be close enough on spine to get acceptable flight.Not sure how they would penetrate for me at lower poundage.

My spine range wasn't that great and you are about as close as I was with the 500's so they MIGHT work to your satisfaction.

Last edited by TFOX; 09-11-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by TFOX
Give you an idea of what you could expect.I have a .440 spine and that tunes perfect with bareshafts and broadheads.I shoot ACC's and today just for giggles shot my FMJ 500's out of MY BOW.The diameter and fletch is really close so subsequently the up and down impact out to 30 was very similar with broadheads.I was surprised to see that even at 30 the arrows impacted about 1" to the right of fp's.

I checked them through paper and I was also surprised to see that they shot bulletholes.

I have top of the line arrows,an arrow rest that is up untill the fletching gets to it for ultimate quidance.The bow has been tuned to perfection on Hooter shooter and in my hands.

What I am saying is if you have everything perfect,you might be close enough on spine to get acceptable flight.Not sure how they would penetrate for me at lower poundage.

My spine range wasn't that great and you are about as close as I was with the 500's so they MIGHT work to your satisfaction.
Interesting. Thanks again man. I was telling Derek I was gonna try it out and see what happens... if worse comes to worse I will throw some mechanicals on for the time being. I would just fork the cash for new arrows but I doubt my college would appreciate that.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:18 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by FSUBIGMAC
Back to the main topic -- any suggestions?
I am not sure how many suggestions you need to fix this problem. I think TFOX covered it. Get out there and fix it. Its that simple.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.