Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow selection

Old 09-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default Arrow selection

Just bought a Bowtech General and I don't know where to start with arrow selection. What type of arrow would be good for a bow like the General? Bow is set at 70#.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Easton A/C/C 3-71.

I have the same bow at same draw weight. I happened to have the arrows lying around. I tried them against several other makes and models. The 3-71's shot the best through paper and passed the bare shaft test. Oh yeah, 100 grain points on 28.5" arrows.

The spine for these arrows is nowhere near what the charts recommend, but they work at least for me.

I think the charts are f'ed up.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:35 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bigangrychicken
Just bought a Bowtech General and I don't know where to start with arrow selection. What type of arrow would be good for a bow like the General? Bow is set at 70#.
Whats your DL? A short draw length can get away with a lighter spined arrow. The lightest spine i would go with is a .340 spine. but only if your arrow will finish at 27.5" or less. If you arrow is going to be longer you want an arrow spined .300. The cam system on the Bowtechs REALLY like a stiff arrow.

I'm by no means an arrow selection guru. Just going off my experience with my binary camed bows and the general consensus of the guys and gals I shoot/talk with.

good luck!!
Old 09-11-2009, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

What cartman says, while fairly basic, is about the same thing I would recommend. And like him I am only going off my experience---all 36 years of it.