HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   bowtech draw length ??? infinety cam (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/30302-bowtech-draw-length-infinety-cam.html)

DaveC 05-17-2003 06:48 AM

bowtech draw length ??? infinety cam

Hello out there,
I' ve been playing with my new mighty mite while patiently awaiting the arrival of my toxonics sniper sight and wb deluxe quick shot rest. anywho
My draw length is 29" , so I have the #2 module on the bow. The lenght always seemed a little short. So I bought a #1 module, well now that feals a little long. I need 29.5, but want 80% let off.

Here' s the tricky part. My arrows are cut 28 3/8" from nock groove to outer edge of insert. On my 29" draw mathews the arrow insert is even with the back of the riser at full draw. On my 29" configured MM the arrow insert is even with the middle of my riser.
Whats up with that??? doesn' t that put this bows daw at 28 3/8" ???

I have my draw post at the reccomended setting. Next time I tweak my bow I' ll put the #1 module for 30" draw back on and see where the arrows insert sits at full draw.
I do gain 9 fps with the 30" module though:D

selway 05-17-2003 09:56 AM

RE: bowtech draw length ??? infinety cam

i have 2 pat sc 2003 and 2002 the 6.2 setting is 80 percent letoff if you set to 9 or 10 on the long side you will be close but theres a lot of valley there makes you want to creep i would make my string a little longer and shorten my cable to get less valley. or just add a longer string loop which would take care of your problem.

DaveC 05-17-2003 10:08 AM

The longer string loop would make the peep further from my eye than it already is. With 31" ata, it' s already a pretty good distance further than what I' m used to.
I will try the longer post setting to see if I can live with the valley and check the possible downside effects with the chrono.
Anybody else?

jim243SRC 05-18-2003 10:55 AM

dave the 1/2 inch mod. are now aval. should help get you were you want to be. change the cable or string length can put performance in the dumper.

beav 05-18-2003 11:16 AM

Dave go to the bowtech website and download the owners manual for your mighty mite it tells you exactly what let off for each module and which mark on your cam.

DaveC 05-18-2003 02:52 PM

beav, I have the manual and have followed it' s advice. But my 29" draw is still less than 29" .

Jim, I tried to get a .5" mod and waited a while for the dealer to get them in. When he finally got them he told me they were for the 2003' s and up. My bow is a 2002.
Are they making .5" mods for the 2002' s????

DaveC 05-18-2003 06:39 PM

Alright, I just finished playing with my bow and here' s what I' ve got.
The original module is a BT2 for 29" draw. I couldn' t ajdust the peg enough to get the 29.5" out of it. I don' t think I' m really getting 29" to be truthful.

So I put the new 30" mod on, moved the peg to the desired 80% letoff location and began to shoot. The chrono registered a solid 9 fps gain:). But the letoff felt terrible, like it was on the edge of the valley. Any creep foreward and it would try to leap forewards on me[:' (]. It was definately a lot closer to 29.5" though as my 28 3/8" arrow was behind the back edge of the riser at full draw.
Then I figured out what MAY be my problem. The 30" module my dealer sold me says DS1 on it.

If the original mod is a BT2, shouldn' t the 30" mod be a BT1 and not a DS1????

selway 05-18-2003 06:43 PM

if its still short i think your string is twisted to much or your cable has gotten longer . measure them and see if they are what the book says.just because the timing marks on the bow are right dose not mean the cable and string are right.

DaveC 05-19-2003 02:55 PM

Well the cable looked like it had way more twist in it than I' m used to, so i let some out. This threw my timing marks off, so I let out some twist on the string to get them back in check. The ata was 31.25" , I now have got it to within 1/32" of the listed 31.5" . But my draw is STILL 28.5" according to my arrows length compared to the riser.[:' (]

The question of cam modules still remains. My pro shop owner told me they' re the same, just labeled differently. I find this puzzling. Why would you rename your draw modules? Do they think DS1 has more sales potential than BT1???

selway, I guess I' ll have to measure them next. But I was really wanting to avoid taking them off the bow. I' m kinda chicken that way. Plus why am I having to do all of this? I bought a 29" draw bow. or so I thought.[:@]

Help,help I' m drowning over here!!

selway 05-19-2003 04:43 PM

i reread your first post. i think your mathews was drawing longer than what it says. but the bowtec just might be short. two differant bows two differant companys ? i would give bowtech a call 888-232-9741 these people are really good and you will get your answer.