Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Sometimes I just want to punch people in the face >

Sometimes I just want to punch people in the face

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Sometimes I just want to punch people in the face

Old 08-31-2009, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sometimes I just want to punch people in the face

Customer purchases a bow & accssories a couple weeks ago, and I get to set it up for him....

Bow- $850
Arrow Rest- $140
Sight- $120
Super fancy quiver- $120
Stabilizer- $80.00

All in matching camo

Now here comes the part where I want to punch him the face

Arrows- $45 for a 1/2 doz. of the cheapest, least consistent adult arrows we carry. And then buys $ 80 worth of broadheads to put on them

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't be this guy when you walk into a shop.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I get what you are saying. They have their priorities all backward. The most important part for bowhunting being the arrow, and that's where they want to scrimp.

Just like the $850 for the bow. The least important item IMO. All a bow does is launch an arrow at a given velocity. That's what they all do. And there are lots of $400-$500 bows that wioll do the same thing as that expensive one.

Another that gets me is the comparison of some arrows. Just a year or two ago guys would not think of getting ACC's because of their cost. Some of the same guys are willing to pay $25 more for Aramids now, and inferior arrow compared to ACC's IMO.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I spent around $400 on my new bow total this year and have $20.00 Easton Epic ST 400's 1/2 doz.....i dont see any issue.....but I do get your point....
Old 08-31-2009, 12:31 PM
Fork Horn

What arrows did he get that were the least consistent? I ask this because I have Victory VF HV6's -- but I have them cut down to 28 and they fly like darts. Group great for me --- and I pay less than 45 for a half dozen. Just wondering?
Old 08-31-2009, 12:33 PM
Typical Buck

I hear ya Jeff. Just got in 2 doz. Maxima 3D Selects. Bare shaft-110/shipped. IMHO opinion one of the best buys in archery. I cut them, squared em up, glued the inserts and fletched em. I then weighed both dozens- "they weighed exactly the same". 355gr. for the 250's and 378 for the 350's. That happens to be a brand new 3D Select sticking out of my chrono. It's none the worse for the wear. I haven't had a chance to spine check all of em but my suspicions are that they will spine just as well as they weigh. One heck of a buy!!

Dan
Old 08-31-2009, 02:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default Big Money

Holy Mother of Sunshine! I would never spend that kind of money. My Bear Instinct was $258 to my door. I shoot Easton T-10 Series Maxum Duece which were less than $50 a dz....... the deer don't seem to know the difference.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

In the last week or so... I have had two customers that bought brand new Reezen's from me bring them back in pieces.... one gave his a full on dry fire and brought it back in four pieces (if you count the string).

The other was a little sore after work... but just couldn't put the bow down.... had to shoot it. Drew to hard... hopped the arrow off the schaffer (which is kinda hard to do with a mathews)... and rather than being smart and letting down was trying to put the thing back on the rest with his thumb... when he crept the bow and hit the trigger. Snapped the arrow in half... bent the cam all the snot.... bent the idler wheel...

Both of these bows came back in less than four days after they went out.... and stuff like this isn't covered under warranty.... I'll cover the labor if for no other reason than sheer understanding of their plight and appreciation of their business.

Oh... and on another note.... I had a guy call me a M F'er today because he cranked down on his sight pin and broke it... he brought it in and I moved his pins down so I could get his bracket housing off (its a G5 POS sight)... I was just going to order new parts... but the boss told me to take the broke pin out and drop the other two down... I wrote on the ticket I had moved them and the dude would liked to have crapped a chicken. He went on talking about paying $15 for me to mess with his sight (it took me about 35 minutes... I don't work for free, especially this time of year), and how he could have done that himself and blah blah blah..... I informed him that if he had the techincal capacity to take the whole sight apart and reassemble it himself.... then sighting back in should only be a ten minute affair for him... and apparently that makes me an M F'er.... I was going to let him have it for free just to appease him.... but after that... I almost went over and made it $30... and I'd of kept his bow until he paid it... my boss has a cooler head than me I supposed, but I thought I handled it well... had it been anywhere else it would have come to blows quick... always nice when someone walks past you without looking you in the eye cussing you under their breathe and talks trash walking away. The entire shop was laughing at him too.... shame.

Last edited by SwampCollie; 08-31-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JeffB

Arrows- $45 for a 1/2 doz. of the cheapest, least consistent adult arrows we carry. And then buys $ 80 worth of broadheads to put on them

Hey I got a dozen arrows for that price that I hunt with.

Ever heard of Maxima Hunters?

We get a little price break.... y'all would puke if you knew how little money I actually had in my $1000+ retail set up. The hours are long and the pay sucks... but it has its benefits.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Customer purchases a bow & accssories a couple weeks ago, and I get to set it up for him....

Bow- $850
Arrow Rest- $140
Sight- $120
Super fancy quiver- $120
Stabilizer- $80.00

All in matching camo

Now here comes the part where I want to punch him the face

Every freakin day!

They have $1100 in their bow and accessories and they get the cheapest POS arrows they can that are so crooked they look like a wet noodle on an arrow spinner.

I can understand someone that is on a tight budget that buys a budget bow and accessories to get budget arrows but to buy a Ferarri and put Walmart tires on it doesn't make any sense.

Look at the bright side Jeff. He will probably be back in next week because he can't get his broadheads to fly straight.... that is if he even shoots his broadheads before the season starts.

y'all would puke if you knew how little money I actually had in my $1000+ retail set up. The hours are long and the pay sucks... but it has its benefits.
Yep.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Reminds me of the dummys that put $2,000.00 wheels on $400.00 cars.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.