Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Lesson Learned..... >

Lesson Learned.....

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Lesson Learned.....

Old 08-27-2009, 04:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BowTech_Shooter
Ya know Jeff... Knowing you as well as I do I really don't believe the title of this thread...
Originally Posted by JOE PA
Gotta agree with Pat here, Jeff. The title might have been more believable if it said, "Lesson Learned, for now." Something to that effect.
I know I know. You are both right. If there was ever a poster-child for "Archery Man Whore", I'd be it. It's an Addiction! A Sickness! I CANNOT HELP MYSELF!

On a serious note- If I had not received bow Y at such a huge discount (like 1/3 its value) I would never have bothered. I've been shooting Bow X for awhile and nothing else.

To make matters worse, I finally got all the parts I needed to get bow Z in shootable condition, and will be putting it back together today
Old 08-27-2009, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by gromage1
Thanks Jeff,
This shop is really pushing the GT500 and thats just over the phone, plus he's an hr away, I'm not sure I even want to deal with somebody who wants to really push one brand on me.(of course its all about the $$$). That Carnivore just keeps drawing me back, I was telling MeanV the other night when I ordered strings from him how the Ross set a 70lbs felt like a heck of a lot less to draw. I can't even find an Alien to shoot, Wonder why ?
You should shoot them all. All 3 are great bows- The Alien is a really nice bow, especially for the money- With the barnsdale limbs and whatnot, I'd be inclined to take it over the GT500 if the A2A were not in consideration.

But def the Carnivore is the smoothest/easiest draw. The bow at the shop came out of the box @ 78 pounds (70 lb limbs), and it was a pretty nice 78 pounds.

Originally Posted by Sagittarius
Great thread, Jeff.
Good to see you here again at HuntingNet too !
Thanks Sag! Likewise