Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Walk Back Tuning Help?? >

Walk Back Tuning Help??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Walk Back Tuning Help??

Old 08-24-2009, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TFOX
So go ahead and move to broadhead tuning and I bet you will need to move the rest about a 1/32" to get them with fieldpoints.This is where a rest with fine micro adjustment comes in handy.Yet another reason I love the Whammy.
I will be looking into trying to move the rest tommorow when I shoot. I really didnt want to start moving stuff when my shoulders werent "fresh" if ya know what I mean! I shot enough just in the walk back method/field tip grouping!

I have the QAD LD it has micro adjustments, it is actually sitting between adjustments right now! I just didnt want to chance it and take it all out of whack after the time I have been having all year but I guess I can always move it right back, HOPEFULLY haha!!

I will update tommorow night!!

One more thing, I am certain I can get the Fixed Heads flying very similiar in left/right adjustment but I really dont know if I want to change the whole up/down adjustments, especially since I had one hell of a time trying to get the rest timed to begin with!!
I dont know if you remember all the timing issues I was having but I finally TIED IT IN(stupid clamp) myself and adjusted it until it was dropping perfect and it is FINALLY doing so, I really hate to move it and get right back to step one!!! Is there another option or am I fighting a losing battle??
Old 08-24-2009, 07:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

You can move the nock point.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TFOX
You can move the nock point.
Awww...now were thinking!!
Thanks man!!
Old 08-26-2009, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK GUYS.....

I went back out yesterday and shot. I started off with getting my 40-50 yrd pins dialed in. In about ten minutes time I was nailing centers at 40 and then within an inch or so around 50! This was with Field Tips and Rages.
I then moved up to 20 in ten yard increments and was shooting some of the best arrows I have shot all year!!

This is the goofy part, I put on the Slick Tricks and was nailing bullseyes at 20 with 20yrd pin! I stepped back to 30 and was maybe 3"- 4" low with 30yrd pin?

I am done stressing over it. I plan on using the rages and will not be shooting past 25yrds anyway but just wanted to fill you guys in on the fact I think ALOT of my problems were ME!! I am finally getting comfortable with my anchor point and everything is just falling in place!!

Could I get it closer? Well Yeah I believe I could, but I am happy now but I do believe I learned alot for future set-ups on my bows!!

I wanted to say Thank You to all who have tried to help me through my shooting these past couple weeks!!