Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 T.R.U. Ball Short & Sweet Release >

T.R.U. Ball Short & Sweet Release

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

T.R.U. Ball Short & Sweet Release

Old 05-13-2003, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default T.R.U. Ball Short & Sweet Release

Has anyone tried one of these releases?

I am partial to index releases for 3-d, and am constantly looking for new ones. This is one that I have not tried yet.

Just wondered if any of you checked them out yet?
Old 05-14-2003, 06:40 PM

Default RE: T.R.U. Ball Short & Sweet Release

Big Country, the Short and Sweet is a nice release because you can shoot from a loop or off the string. You can also adjust the length and then micro adjust it in. The cost isn' t to bad either. If you would like to try one or want one at a deal. Drop me an e-mail. Chris
Old 05-15-2003, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

RidgeRunr, you have mail.
Old 05-15-2003, 11:19 PM

Big Country,

I have one and think it' s OK, but it is by no means my favorite of such releases. I have been shooting it along with five other somewhat similar releases on a regular basis. I shoot daily and love to comparison test (wine as well).

My favorite is a toss up between the Fletcher Jim Dandy(loads opposite of most releases) and the Scott Itty Bitty Goose with the NCS strap.

I also like the Fletcher Shorty , and the Carter Lokjaw, but not quite as much as the above two. I haven' t liked the Loopmaster at all.

I shoot strictly from D loops and if I had to choose only one, it would be the Scott Itty Bitty Goose (but only by a hair). It is a sweet shooter and silent! The Itty Bitty Goose does have one drawback, the trigger is not spring loaded closed like the others, so in a hunting situation you have to have your finger behind the trigger to keep it cocked if you are moving around. The other four are not this way. I usually hunt with a Fletcher Shorty Hunter with a buckel strap from Scott. Easy to load, stays cocked and locked on the loop, however a little noisy until you ad a little strip of strip of adhesive backed neoprene for the trigger to come back against on firing. The Scott comes with a rubber stop and is virtually silent right out of the package.

The Fletcher Jim Dandy is a sweet shooter, but can make a click when loading if not careful. No problem for 3D, but a possible issue for hunting. Still a very nice release.

I feel that with the exception of the Loopmaster are all equally accurate for the most part.

The Short and Sweet has a nice trigger pull, but simply isn' t my favorite. The hook is quite small (as is the wrist strap) and this makes it a little less user friendly and slow. As I only shoot D loops I don' t care about using a string loop attached to the release. Call me thick, but why would one not use a D loop anyway?

I hope this helps.

Good luck....Nubbb
Old 05-16-2003, 10:44 AM

I just picked up my Short and Sweet release that my shop ordered for me.

I' ve only shot a couple of times with it. I' m shooting directly off of my string loop. I was concerned about doing this. I looked at pictures of this release before I had the shop order it, and the hook looked rather small. It performs flawlessly.

I' ve owned other Truball releases, this one is no differnt. It adjusts the same. The rope connection between the wrist strap, and head takes a bit to get adjusted just where you want it(it took me 3 tries to get the knot tied where I wanted it). The pro adjustment allows you to dial it in even further.

One thing that I can' t get over, is the fact that there is very little trigger travel. I really don' t think that the trigger even moves but about a 1/32' s of an inch.[]

Hopefully, this release performs the way I think it will. I' ve found the best set-up I' ve owned to date in my 2003 Cybertec. Now, if this release lives up to my expectations, I' ll be all set.

Old 05-16-2003, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank`s for the feedback guys!