Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Guardian making noise??? >

Guardian making noise???

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Guardian making noise???

Old 08-18-2009, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default Guardian making noise???

My RH 60-70 29" Guardian is louder than it should be. The sound seems to be coming from the top. Possibly where the pivot arm attaches to the limb.

Accuracy is perfect. I had a robin hood yesterday. It is set up w/ an octane hostage rest, tubeless peep, sims mini s coil, and shoots gt 5575.

My neighbor has a black ice that is dead silent w/ the same set up and arrows.

What could this possibly be?
Old 08-18-2009, 06:31 PM
bigcountry

Make sure the guardian center pivot bezel is not overtightened. Worst mistake you can make is overtightening that bezel. Should be barely snugged. I even some people crushing the plastic piece.

One of the worst offenders of noise I have found has been sights. Especially those with big round pin holders.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

My Commander started rattling the other day and I found the center pivot bezel on the bottom limbs was too loose. I was hitting the bow with the heel of my hand and found the bezel rattling. Tightened it down and the rattle went away.

I agree with the sights rattling though. That was my first suspect but it was on tight.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:43 AM
Typical Buck

It wasn't the sight or bezel, but after rattling it around, I found that 2 set screws in on the top cam were loose. Tightened them up and now things are better. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:59 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by okgobbler
It wasn't the sight or bezel, but after rattling it around, I found that 2 set screws in on the top cam were loose. Tightened them up and now things are better. Thanks for the suggestions.
Oops forgot to mention the draw length module screws. Another offender.

Here's my rule for bows. Same as it is for my harley davidison. If you can, put locktite blue on everything.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:05 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by okgobbler
good thing you found it! Them screws have ruined more than one set of limbs and BT won't cover it under warrenty. It states in the manual to pay special attention to them and if they damage a limb warrenty will not cover it!