Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Best Flying Fixed heads >

Best Flying Fixed heads

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Best Flying Fixed heads

Old 08-17-2009, 05:11 AM
Fork Horn

Slick Trick, no doubt about it!

Last edited by johnandmare; 08-17-2009 at 08:20 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:12 AM
bigcountry

I used Thunderheads for the past 20 years or so. Also Muzzy's. Thunderheads flew a tad better. Thunderheads and Muzzys however plane a bit more than most heads. Good form, good tuned bow, it doesn't matter. I got a good price on slicks this year, and will be trying out the slicktrick mags. They seem to plane less than the thunderheads and better constructed. I still like the old thunderheads but hate the weakness of the head. One hit in the shoulder the head usually breaks out at the arrow. But I have never had to worry about razor sharpness of the thunderhead and price is usually right.

I used montecs for the past 2 years, and can say they plane less than any head I ever saw. But I didn't like the sharpness problem. I pride myself that I can sharpen any knife or head, but these were tough. You can only do so much with a 60degree edge. I bet I killed 4 deer with the same montec. Still good and shootable. But they didn't cut as I would like. So I moved to tricks.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:15 AM
Spike

ive only used muzzy and ive had pretty good luck with them.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:48 AM
Typical Buck

Shoot Thunderheads off Easton aluminums, and Montecs off Beman carbons. Both fly outstanding, off the same bow.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Spike

if you want field point flight then you need slick tricks
nuff said
Old 08-17-2009, 08:26 PM
Fork Horn

Give NAP hellrazors a try, they fly great and are tough as nails!!
Old 08-17-2009, 10:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Tuned bow is a must. I have had excellent results with THeads, Magnus & Steelforce in the past. I also found Muzzy's to be iffy on flight with fps. I picked up a pack of slick trick mags and man I couldn't be happier with their flight. As a result they are loaded in my quiver for my elk hunt next week.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Wasp Hammer SST are some great flying heads and you can get 6 of them for less than 3 of some of the other brands.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lightbulb Size and tune

As long as the bow is tuned well, most any small profile head should shoot very well. The thing I like about Slick Tricks is that they fly well, and also do some serious damage when they hit.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Slick Tricks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.