Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bear or PSE

Old 08-11-2009, 11:07 AM

Default Bear or PSE

I'm looking to by a new bow in the next couple weeks. After researching, shooting and researching some more I've narrowed it down to three bows. All of these bows are comfortable for me to shoot. I would be happy with any of them, but I want it to be a bow that last a few years with as few problems as possible. I love to shoot, (and not half bad) but I'm no tech. This will be my first bow that I set up completely by myself.
I'm looking for some feed back on these three bows. The PSE Bow Madness (32), Bear The Truth 2, Bear Done Deal.
I'm a fairly big guy 6'3" 215lbs.
I really like the Truth 2, but I've seen quite a few negative reviews concerning string wear.
I also really like the PSE, but the grip is not quite as comfortable as the Bears. And it also concerns me that it is a very "new" bow and has not had a lot of "field time" to address any wear concerns.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

i love my BowMadness you wil get used to the grip, they are great because it puts your hand in a good position when you shoot. If you can go to your local shop and shoot them, if they have them
Old 08-11-2009, 12:17 PM
ASK
Spike

What about Browning- Illuion I love it.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:11 AM

another vote for the Bow Madness. I have the XL and absolutely love it...
Old 08-12-2009, 05:10 AM
Fork Horn

I have the bow madness XS and i love it. but because i love it does not mean its the right bow for you, you have to be sure you get the right bow for you. Or you will be looking for a new bow next year and the year after that. So get the bow thats right for you. the one that you pick up and know that you have TOTAL confidence in shooting.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:47 AM
Spike

Something else to take into consideration is the warranty.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I loved the way the Bear bows feel in the hand and how they shoot. But I went with a PSE, as I have always been a PSE fan anyways. You cant beat their warranty, but Bears warranty is running neck and neck with PSE, its just not as good as PSEs. Id go with the PSE. I had a hard time deciding on a new one after I shot numerous PSE bows and Bear bows. You decide. But if youre looking at having your equipment covered, Id go with PSE. Make sure you send in your registration either way. PSE you can do right online, and they keep them in file permanatley. I couldnt remember when I bought my old Nova back in 01 and they were able to look it up for me. Talk about customer service!
Old 08-13-2009, 07:54 AM
byg
Spike

I have Bear Element , not the top of the line but quiet and accurate, gets it done. I believe the new model is called the Showdown. Dicks had some Elements left over for 189$(bare)
find a coupon and and get it cheaper
Old 08-14-2009, 01:48 PM

Thank you all for your comments/suggestions. I made a final trip out today to shot the Bear and PSE. After about a half an hour with each there was no longer a question. I bought the PSE. I've got it together and have it pre-tuned. I went for a couple dozen shots and I am VERY happy with purchase. Thanks again!
Old 08-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Well We Do Know

that Bear and PSE have been around a long time making compound bows, selling compound bows for a long time, and doing it successfully for a long time. More than a few people like and use them.

Depends how finicky you are. Some have to shoot the bow. I can go on the feel of the bow in my extend arm. Some bows have my feel and some do not.

I'm an adjuster. I can fit my style to the bow, within reason. I learned on basketballs and baseballs. Never had any chance to adjust them. And I can fit, less expensive bows real easy.

So a lot depends on you and your personal style. What's right for me, might not be right for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.