Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Trying to paper tune but having issues. >

Trying to paper tune but having issues.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Trying to paper tune but having issues.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TFOX
IMO,the left tear on those bows would be from a weak arrow.Those bows shoot HARD and arrow charts do not work for them.You need to go stiffer than the charts.

Drop aways really make this tough for they drop to soon to guide the arrow straight if the spine is borderline.Spine needs to be near perfect for perfect bulletholes with a dropaway that drops early.
I totally agree with all that. The GX's have just been having cam/spacer issues where they are having to swap the spacer sides etc. to get them right.

He doesnt have one though so i guess we can pitch that thought
Old 08-07-2009, 11:59 PM
Spike

I would not let a 1/4" tear in one out of 4 bother me. Do you realize how little it takes to do that. I would check to see if it is one specific arrow. If so, pitch it. If not. Go shoot some groups and if you have issues there....then we'll talk about it again.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with SwampCollie....

Zero a pin, do a walk-back tune on it, and screw on some BH's and BH tune it. Paper tuning is more tedious and time consuming than useful IMO. Especially if you are going to spend all this time paper-tuning to get the "perfect tear," then need to re-adjust for BH tuning.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Fork Horn

Put a twist or 2 in the left side yoke and see if that takes away the tear....I bet it will!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 03:13 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by OHbowhntr
I'm with SwampCollie....

Zero a pin, do a walk-back tune on it, and screw on some BH's and BH tune it. Paper tuning is more tedious and time consuming than useful IMO. Especially if you are going to spend all this time paper-tuning to get the "perfect tear," then need to re-adjust for BH tuning.

Paper tuning is more tedious and time consuming but when u learn how to do it right the end result will be Broadheads & fieldtips hittin in the same spot.It will also let u know if a bow wont tune ive seen plenty in the last 17 yrs that wouldnt tune right up to 2009.Shooting through the paper will show all the flaws of u and your bow.