Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

blazer vanes

Old 07-22-2009, 06:01 AM
Spike

Default blazer vanes

today i put some blazer vanes on my gold tip xt hunter, Im happy i did! they shot GREAT . I shot them out of a whisket biscuit, no problem with fletching clearance at all.

Im curious, for those with experience, how do broadheads shoot with blazers? *compared to the 4 in vanes* are there any broadheads that fly better than others? thanks for your input!
Old 07-22-2009, 06:03 AM
Spike

i meant whisker biscuit lol
Old 07-22-2009, 10:29 AM
Fork Horn

Depends on what kind of broadheads you are talkin about .
Old 07-22-2009, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot Thunderhead 100's with both Blazers and 4 inch vanes. Both shoot well but I think the Blazers seem to be better. I think it really comes down to a well tuned bow.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:40 PM
Spike

i shot 100 gr thunderheads last season, worked out well for me. i was just wondering if there were any differences between blazers and 4 in vanes. i think im going with the thunderheads this season.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Fork Horn

i heard from someone that you shouldnt use large FBH with blazers because the blazers dont have enough surface area to stabilize the arrow.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:41 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by hunt91
i heard from someone that you shouldnt use large FBH with blazers because the blazers dont have enough surface area to stabilize the arrow.
ill shoot the thunderhead tomorrow and let you kno how it flies.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I may try some of the new Blazer X2 vanes...smaller and the ones I have put on field points are great,now for broadhead trials!
Old 07-28-2009, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Turkeys come with feathers for more than one reason.Better for broadheads-better for the environment
Old 07-29-2009, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by doublelung'em
today i put some blazer vanes on my gold tip xt hunter, Im happy i did! they shot GREAT . I shot them out of a whisket biscuit, no problem with fletching clearance at all.

Im curious, for those with experience, how do broadheads shoot with blazers? *compared to the 4 in vanes* are there any broadheads that fly better than others? thanks for your input!

Yep I switched over last year, and man I won't go to a full length ever again. They shoot perfect with feild points and broadheads.

No regrets

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.