Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 NEVER USED A PEEP WITHOUT BUNGEE >

NEVER USED A PEEP WITHOUT BUNGEE

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

NEVER USED A PEEP WITHOUT BUNGEE

Old 06-12-2009, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NEVER USED A PEEP WITHOUT BUNGEE

Put some shots thru your bow the way it is, 50 or so, then have the peep tied in again. Should take care of your problem.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:04 AM
Spike

It still amazes me as to the number of archery guys and gals out there that still use a peep with a tube. With the quality strings that are out there now, custom and OEM, there
is no excuse to use a peep and tube. Ever see someone that got hit in the eye with a broken tube? Go without the tube.......you'll never look back!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Centaur 1

Tom, Don't worry about it turning, BT makes good strings.Just use good BCY loop material, not the Walmart stuff, it's a lot stiffer.
Ditto!!

You go to a tubeless peep you will never go back.

Dan
Old 06-18-2009, 06:35 PM

Yeah, have to say that there aren't may that use a tube these days...that said it still gets it done. I've used one, it worked, but was always scared it'd break on a cold morning. So...shot a peep...one that split the string 3 ways. It work pretty well too but have to say there was always a nagging question if it'd come back right at crunch time. It did just about everytime...but the question remained....everytime. Got older...eyes got worse, so have been shooting a timberline "no-peep" w/ both eyes open. Cant say I've lost any accuracy. It gets the job done here on the east coast (way less than 50yrd...more like 20). Even the other day when the no peep went way outta whack (1st time in maybe 8yrs)I still kept everything in a 2" dia. out to 30yds just drawing naturally. So w/ a no peep if it shears off/breaks...no matter. So long as I draw naturally...I'll hit what I'm aiming at out to 30-40yds. It doesn't get more reliable than that..which is why I've stuck with a no peep. ITs an alternative....just not for everyone. Options are good.......