Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 NEVER USED A PEEP WITHOUT BUNGEE >

NEVER USED A PEEP WITHOUT BUNGEE

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

NEVER USED A PEEP WITHOUT BUNGEE

Old 05-19-2009, 03:16 PM

Default NEVER USED A PEEP WITHOUT BUNGEE

Guys...

I want to try a G5 peep (the blue one) BUT... I am having second thoughts about no bungee... I just keep seein the buck of a lifetime walking up and that peep turning...

That being said.. I know a TON of people use the peep without the bungee and I want to start on my new Iceman... I know its been written about but what can I do to BE SURE it won't happen. BTW - I use a D-loop also...

Thanks fellas...
Old 05-19-2009, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NEVER USED A PEEP WITHOUT BUNGEE

Tom, Don't worry about it turning, BT makes good strings.Just use good BCY loop material, not the Walmart stuff, it's a lot stiffer.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Centaur 1

Tom, Don't worry about it turning, BT makes good strings. Just use good BCY loop material, not the Walmart stuff, it's a lot stiffer.
BCY loop material
BCY ???
Old 05-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Typical Buck

Now I am just the opposite, I have never ever used one with a cord and never will. I have been using the Fletcher Tru peep ( the Super Hunter) for years now without a tube. I was always afraid of it getting caught on something while stalking, or when you are pulling the bow up in the tree etc. But my biggest all time fear was to drawing back on the trophy of a lifetime and the cord popping off or breaking.
With the great strings that are being offered today to eliminate it twisting, you should be just fine without the tubing.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah. Ditch the tube. You'll never look back.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

For loop material alot of us buy from Catherine, AKA redhdcharm. She's been away on a medical leave and hopefully she'll be back soon. If not check e-bay.

Here's her thread.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2471478&mpage=16&key=&#34081 01

Old 05-19-2009, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

If tried it without, didn't like it, even with GOOD strings, I just didn't feel it came bag as perfect as a tubed peep did, so I went back to the "tubed" peeps on my set-ups. I use Silicon tubes which are far better than the old rubber tubes, and have had no problems with any of them in the several years I've been using them. I replace the tubing yearly or more often, so no issues of failure due to age.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldnt worry about it. I havent used a tube in... 7or8 years and have never had a horrifying experience or anything like that. Im really not 100% sure if The Iceman uses the same strings that Bowtech uses or not, but if so, you have yourself a really good set of factory strings that shouldnt have any problem at all being consistent.

Good luck

Derek
Old 05-20-2009, 05:49 AM
Typical Buck

I dont use a tube for my peep and l dont see myself ever going back. I agree, with todays strings, you will be fine.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:06 AM
Fork Horn

I'll never go back to a "bungee cord peep", either.

If you're shooting with a D-loop, twisting of the peep should absolutely not be an issue: once the d-loop and peep orientation is set, put a dab of clear cement (I prefer "Barge Cement" from Ace Hardware, but any similar glue-type compound, maybe even Elmers? would work) on each knot of the loop with some carryover onto the bow string and the D-loop should never twist again.

Quick Reply: NEVER USED A PEEP WITHOUT BUNGEE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.