Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 ?? for the "both" eyes open guys >

?? for the "both" eyes open guys

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

?? for the "both" eyes open guys

Old 04-08-2009, 04:48 AM
Fork Horn

Default ?? for the "both" eyes open guys

Ok, I have wanted to make the switch to leaving both eyes open to avoid the "tunnel" vision and missing movement out the sides when shooting. When I do this i really get some blurry halo's around my pin. Did you guys that have switched do anything else, or just started practicing with both eyes? Does it start to get easier?
Dandbuck

Mainly I'm wanting this for turkey season, so i see what's going on around me a little better.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ?? for the "both" eyes open guys

I shoot with both eyes open almost exclusively. Being left eye dominant and shooting right handed it does pose a problem once in a while. However, having done this for 35 years I've kind of trained the brain, so to speak.

Using both eyes does have many advantages. One being able to judge yardage better. Secondly, having better overall vision of what you are shooting at and being able to follow movements.

Is it easy? That depends. The only way you'll ever adopt to it is on the practice range and spending many hours shooting this way. That's what off-seasons are for----playing. In time anything gets easier if you practice it enough and "train the brain".
Old 04-08-2009, 06:09 AM
Fork Horn

I guess that's what I thought, it just does not seem to be getting any easier.
Thanks
Dandbuck
Old 04-08-2009, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just do whatever is comfortable. Sometimes i notice i squint my left eye more than other times depending on the lighting. It is really helpful tobe able to do it all comfortably though.

Derek
Old 04-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Fork Horn

A Verifier peep and lens from Specialty Archery has solved the "haze" problem for me.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:40 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BruceW63

A Verifier peep and lens from Specialty Archery has solved the "haze" problem for me.
So with that you use both eyes open? i did look into those a while back when i switched to a smaller sight pin, but then it was not an issue. ARGH I'm so confused!!
Dandbuck
Old 04-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot with both eyes open adn use a 4x scope, along with a #1 clarifier in my peep. Most guys do. You arent focusing with your left eye, you are using it to open up your vision.

Pro Nathan Brooks
Old 04-13-2009, 09:18 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot with both open and don't use a peep.

Just seems more natural.

I try to have the target clear and sharp.

The pin floats over the bull and my mind tells me when to shoot..

The peep is a very over rated piece of equipment.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:58 AM
Fork Horn

As i have been shooting more like this, I am shooting good, but I do see two pins rather than one. Actually I see two complete sight rings, and I use the one covered with my peep. I think if I did not have a peep, I would have trouble with a big buck in the view. I will see if this works for me. I looked into a verifier and/or clarifier and they are not recommended with my astigmatism.
thanks
Dandbuck
Old 04-14-2009, 05:28 AM
Fork Horn

Dont focus on the pin...focus on the target...your mind will put the pin where it needs to be then you can release..when i switched over it wasnt easy at all but i shot a lot and got used to it...now i cant stand to close my left eye when i shoot

Quick Reply: ?? for the "both" eyes open guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.