Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

new drop away

Old 04-06-2009, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default new drop away

I have a pse dream season and a qad hunter fall away rest. This res is to low and my arrows hit the rest. I am looking to get a new rest, now i have looked at the g5 fall away becuase it moves out of the way and it is quiet. But this rest does not capture the arrow. then i looked at the tropy taker that captures the arrow. But it is a little loud. Now i would like to no what u guys think about all these rest and which one would u all pick and y?
Old 04-06-2009, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: new drop away

I'd get somebody to install the QAD properly.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:04 AM

I dont know about those rest but i will tell you that my rest i love. Its the limbdriver. If you mean by captures the arrow as arrow containment then dont bother looking at this rest. But if you mean something else check into it. Its a nice drop away rest.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

My qad is just to slow. My bow shots so fast that it dont have time to move. I have had 5 people install it and it still does it
Old 04-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: killzonearchery

My qad is just to slow. My bow shots so fast that it dont have time to move. I have had 5 people install it and it still does it
Bull crap. I've shot my High Country with a QAD with Speed Pro Max arrows at 370 fps and I didn't have any contact issues at all.

Like I said before, get someone to install it properly. No matter what you buy, if your techdoesn't know how to use it or set it up then it won't work.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

dude id love to see ur bow shooting 370 becuase i doudt it. Id say maybe 270. if it was shooitng that fast it would be faster then the oman and i no it aint that fast and its on right just to slow
Old 04-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Typical Buck

the new limbdriver which is a great rest has a new prong section with arrow holders its worth a look it really is a nice rest

Old 04-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

While the QAD is a good rest it has timing issues more times than it should and can be a PIA to install.

IMHO there is not an easier, more effecient working dropaway rest than the Limb Driver. I've had 3 on countless models of Bows, and hunted with one for going on 3 years.

I have yet to experience any kind of an issue

Dan
Old 04-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

thank u and im goin to try the limb drive one. but i do like how quiet the g5 is
Old 04-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: killzonearchery

dude id love to see ur bow shooting 370 becuase i doudt it. Id say maybe 270. if it was shooitng that fast it would be faster then the oman and i no it aint that fast and its on right just to slow
I suggest you read more carefully before you claim BS. Did you see which arrows he's shooting to get those speeds? It's very possible with the setup he mentioned.

Quick Reply: new drop away

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.