Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Lets talk hunting stabilizers >

Lets talk hunting stabilizers

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Lets talk hunting stabilizers

Old 04-05-2009, 08:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Lets talk hunting stabilizers

You bet BC!! If everyone agreed on everything it wouldn't give any of us a chance to learn. I know in the last few years I've learned plenty on the forums.

Good or Bad, I always sticked to my beliefs until proven wrongwhether I'm arguing with a customer or not, andregardless what bow a person shoots.

If I changed my opinion depending on who Iwas discussing an issue with. IMO it wouldn't say much for me or my opinion

BC, You bet I hope to do more business. You've proven me wrong before. Darn I'd hate to be wrong everytime. Sometimes the more I learn the more I realize how little I know

Dan
Old 04-05-2009, 08:56 AM

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

Thanks Dan, very interesting. In just my basic way of theorizing things it would seem that the follow through of the string pushing an arrow on forward with no suppressor would allow higher speeds, but no!!!! In all actuality I am guessing that upon reaching brace that the string launching an arrow has reached its full potential. Sounds like to me with the proper suppressor and placed at optimum position that a suppressor can help suppress noise and vibration while not sacrificing performance. My opinion anyway.
My chrono testing on suppressors on or offthe bow had virtually no change in speed also. I think they really help in reducing string slap with hunting clothing,, which,, is the most important shot of the year anyway.

Funny that they have been around for a long time in one fashion or another and now they are VERY much mainstream essentials for compound bows..

They work!
Old 04-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

bigcountry, making a post like that says a lot about a man and in my book it is all good . That's a good post, all of it,that I can't disagree with .
Nothin wrong with crow. Little salt and its ok.

But I can tell ya one thing. This pro-chrony rocks.
BC,
I'd buy you a beer for that, shows a good bit of character.................
Old 04-06-2009, 05:22 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

bigcountry, making a post like that says a lot about a man and in my book it is all good . That's a good post, all of it,that I can't disagree with .
Nothin wrong with crow. Little salt and its ok.

But I can tell ya one thing. This pro-chrony rocks.
BC,
I'd buy you a beer for that, shows a good bit of character.................
Nah, no good character here. I was a stinker to Dan and have been to others on the forum. Just this whole faulty chrono thing kinda exposed it to myself.