Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Lets talk hunting stabilizers >

Lets talk hunting stabilizers

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Lets talk hunting stabilizers

Old 03-30-2009, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lets talk hunting stabilizers

I also prefer a longer stabilizer for the reasons stated above. I put very little emphasis on shock absorption for stabilizers. I know there are plenty out there that our effective at, I'm just not that overly sensitive to it, and would rather have the added length for stabilization About 10+" is good for me. I'm currently shooting an Xtreme stab with adjustable screw in weights. It's 12" with all of the weights, but I'm shooting only 2 of the 4.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love my s coil and would not trade it in for anything
Old 04-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

While I do believe a String Suppressor does more for the $$ than a Stabilizer, I like the weight out front like TFOX mentioned.

Some of my favorites are:
1. Octane
2. Multi-Rod Doinker
3. B Stinger

Dan
Yeah, and being that you make them, we should take YOUR word for it!!! [:@]

J/K'ing Dan, I actually like a cheap Eastman on my bows, it's better than the S-Coil, as far as I'm concerned, and for the money, it actually does stabilize halfway decent.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

While I do believe a String Suppressor does more for the $$ than a Stabilizer, I like the weight out front like TFOX mentioned.

Some of my favorites are:
1. Octane
2. Multi-Rod Doinker
3. B Stinger

Dan
Yeah, and being that you make them, we should take YOUR word for it!!! [:@]

J/K'ing Dan, I actually like a cheap Eastman on my bows, it's better than the S-Coil, as far as I'm concerned, and for the money, it actually does stabilize halfway decent.
Doug, I think any String Suppressor gives you the most bang for your $$ in a bow accessory, but..................................

I am partial to the MeanV[8D]

Dan
Old 04-02-2009, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Doug, I think any String Suppressor gives you the most bang for your $$ in a bow accessory, but..................................

I am partial to the MeanV[8D]

Dan
Dan,
When I graduate to a bow I can put a MEANV String Suppressor on, you'll be one of the first to know!!!!
Old 04-02-2009, 08:37 AM
Typical Buck

When I graduate to a bow I can put a MEANV String Suppressor on, you'll be one of the first to know!!!!
Until you do, take a look at the Fuse Sealthshot. I put one on my MEANV challenged Hoyt (no back stab hole) an have been very impressed. I like it much better than the STS front mount I had.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 98Redline

Until you do, take a look at the Fuse Sealthshot. I put one on my MEANV challenged Hoyt (no back stab hole) an have been very impressed. I like it much better than the STS front mount I had.
Due to demand I am coming out with model of the MeanV to retrofit the stock suppressor on the Hoyts, and also a model to replace the the hollowCarbon rod suppressor on the BowTechs. They should available soon.

Dan
Old 04-02-2009, 10:49 AM
bigcountry

For me the worst investment I ever made in archery is probably the 6" overdraw, fuzzy finger arrow holder, and the meanv suppressor. Thats just me. I know a lot of people raves about them. They do take out a little string buzz. But they do rob you arrow of some velocity and really worthless.

Buy a good stabilzer.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

But they do rob you arrow of some velocity and really worthless.
Really? I don't currently own a bow that has one(string suppressor) on it, but am thinking of adding one. Doesn't the twin suppressors near the cam/wheel on Mathews bows do the exact same thing, stop or slow the string down? They have had them now for a few years and I have never heard anyone say anything negative. Never owned a Mathews bow so I don't have any experience with any type of suppressor.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:44 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

But they do rob you arrow of some velocity and really worthless.
Really? I don't currently own a bow that has one(string suppressor) on it, but am thinking of adding one. Doesn't the twin suppressors near the cam/wheel on Mathews bows do the exact same thing, stop or slow the string down? They have had them now for a few years and I have never heard anyone say anything negative. Never owned a Mathews bow so I don't have any experience with any type of suppressor.
It depends where you place them. More towards the middle, I find it can slow an arrow down up to 10fps. More towards the cam, and little to no difference. I have had 2 people argue me and I break out the chrony and now all the sudden their suppressors are not as attractive anymore. I am sure I will get rotten tomatos thrown at me on this one. But I enjoy them.

I know Dave on here did some tests too and found something simular. Placement was key. He used an adjustable STS. The STS works a tad better as its tunable.

But it makes sense why it slows it down. You have a string coming to an abrupt stop. Where is that energy going? Its being wasted. A string will travel 3" or more past where it is at rest if you look at any high speed video. That extra 3" is exerting force on that arrow. Maybe not the whole 3", but the string keeps exerting force on the arrow until it leaves the string. A suppressor can short stop that. I also believe thats why the heavier arrow wastes less energy from a bow.

I think that is why the bowtech suppessors don't have as much an effect. They let string go little past. But stops the high frequency buzz.

This is just my tests. Since the two suppessors are near the cams on teh mathews, I can't see them causing issues.

Quick Reply: Lets talk hunting stabilizers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.