Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Initial Impressions of Victory arrows >

Initial Impressions of Victory arrows

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Initial Impressions of Victory arrows

Old 03-29-2009, 06:23 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Initial Impressions of Victory arrows

Curious to know how things turn out as well. My bow guy just ordered my Vforce HV6's early this week, should be here any day. I will see how they look.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:29 PM

I too bought a dozen V1's this spring - im comin off of gold -tip hunter xt's. the only reason i bought these was , pro shop dude said victory makes gold tips and these were very close. im no guru but it seems these are very brittle ? idk. waitin on your spine test !
Old 03-30-2009, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry guys- results will have to wait. I've been sick for a couple weeks and it';s been getting worse, went to the Dr this morning. Not sure what is going on quite yet, but my blood pressure is dangerously high, so I'm on bedrest for a few days, on meds, etc (high blood pressure runs in the family so not too surprised..)

Anyhoo- on a GOOD note- I am trading one of my guitars to Terry Martin for a brand new 2009 Warthog- should be a fun toy to play with!
Old 03-30-2009, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

Anyhoo- on a GOOD note- I am trading one of my guitars to Terry Martin for a brand new 2009 Warthog- should be a fun toy to play with!
Huh? Thats really cool! Don't hear a lot about the Warthog, but I hear its a speedburner, and should be with that brace height. Sort of wished you would have traded for an Alien-X because I would like to see an unbiased review on the Alien.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep- he posted a thread on AT looking for guitars- been talking with him via email, and he is hardcore like me with playing. I have a particular guitar sitting around I don't really play, emailed him about it and he was interested, so.....asked me what I wanted, and frankly I never even thought about the Alien. Since I have been really wanting a 60 pound screamer but couldn't blow a bunch of cash, I thought this was a perfect opportunity. I like the CAT cams on the Firecat/Firehawk I messed with- they are a Binary style and not a CPS style, and they have the limbstop. Apparently it's more refined than the Slayr (Slayer)- much lighter, better balanced and smoother shooting. I hope so, I was not a fan of the Slayer at all.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:06 PM
Typical Buck

Take care of that BP!!!We need a guy like you around here to keep us straight.

Dan
Old 03-31-2009, 07:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was Not impressed either!

Carbon Express, Easton, & Goldtip are hard to beat when you come out with a so, so product.

Dan
Old 03-31-2009, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mfd1027

Take care of that BP!!!We need a guy like you around here to keep us straight.

Dan
Thanks Dan- appreciate the kind words. I'm def feeling like crapola today-better than yesterday but yeesh.

On another good note-Got in contact with Ken @ Martin and they should be getting my bow out today! Hunter Black riser/limbs or black riser/camo limbs- I told him whatever was easier for them to build

Old 04-01-2009, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very interesting. The way these things are so talked up about over on AT, you would think they're the next ACC I love this place.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MGH_PA

Very interesting. The way these things are so talked up about over on AT, you would think they're the next ACC I love this place.
see..thats the thing right there- When I started up Archery again a few months back, and visiting AT, I noticed IMMEDIATELY that many of the pro-victory guys were the SAME guys who 5 years ago were claiming Goldtip was all sunshine and rainbows. Many of them just jumped ship in recent years. In addition the GM of Victory has made some very strong claims about tolerances at AT and EAF and when I pressured him, he gave me some very "meh" tolerances they try to hold to, and several times have basically told people to find out for themselves how good they are.

Just the whole thing rubs me the wrong way. BUT- like I said the curiosity got the better of me and want to see for myself.

Quick Reply: Initial Impressions of Victory arrows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.