Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bowtech Guys- Please School me >

Bowtech Guys- Please School me

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Guys- Please School me

Old 03-24-2009, 04:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowtech Guys- Please School me

ORIGINAL: JeffB

I'm gonna think about it for a few days- plus I need to wait for some $ to come in from my alphamax (we just didn't get along consistently-no contest compared to the Admiral which I can pick up and shoot no problem at any time-which I proved to myself again last night)

After looking into it, The Guardian seems very similar spec-wise to my Admiral- speeds would be similar, Admiral has a bit more brace. But boy that guardian sure does draw smooth.
Jeff,Good Luck with that Guardian if you pull the triggerMy 07 Guardian spent a lot of time in a Treestand & Blind with me.
It wasvery consistent day in and day out and just flat out fun to shoot.
My Captainisfilling the void left by my Guardian very nicely.

Again Good luck!! Consistent shooting was what I was looking for in 03 when I shot my first BowTech and they have Never disappointed since.

Dan
Old 03-24-2009, 07:46 AM

Jeff, I still have muy two Guardians but I did give one to my Grandson for a Birthday gift. The one I have is set up for 3D at 60/29 and shoots a 400 Lightspeed 300 fps at 325 grains. It has a bit smaller valley than what's known to be on the Captain/Admiral,, just a goodsparky feeling at the shot. They are quiet but hefty, a good thing if you're not into hunting long and away from the truck
Old 03-24-2009, 09:13 AM
Typical Buck

I have an 07 and really like it. I haven't had any problems with it at all. It is a great bow and will be with me for a long time.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: JeffB

I found a brand new one-in Fuggly Oak Obsession- leftover obviously, for a very good price.
I agree. Do it up in black. Here is mine I just sold in case you never sen the pics from a few weekes ago. I never had any issues with mine. Good bow.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:14 AM

The hot tip of the day is if you have a Guardian, turn the slide upside down and cross the cables under the rod. You'll need to re-sync your cams but they will be in perfect sync from brace to full draw. I did this on mine yesterday. You'll notice that it looks like the cables will rub but it won't bother or wear then any at all. Slip a dollar bill between them and there is VERY little pull needed to slip it out from between the cables. Just keep them waxed and you'll be fine.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: walks with a gimp

The hot tip of the day is if you have a Guardian, turn the slide upside down and cross the cables under the rod. You'll need to re-sync your cams but they will be in perfect sync from brace to full draw. I did this on mine yesterday. You'll notice that it looks like the cables will rub but it won't bother or wear then any at all. Slip a dollar bill between them and there is VERY little pull needed to slip it out from between the cables. Just keep them waxed and you'll be fine.
that is cool! I havent heard that yet. Very interesting.

Derek
Old 03-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

In order to acheive 65% let-off you'll need these caps.

">

And this is what they look like after they're installed.

">
Old 03-27-2009, 12:06 PM
Spike

what does changing where the cables cross do?
Old 03-27-2009, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Pat, and all the rest for your comments.

After sleeping on it and thinking it over for a few days, I see no significant advantage of the Guardian over my Admiral- speeds will be similar, Admiral has more brace, but gives up a couple of inches A2A. The Guardian sure draw smooth, but with me shooting the Admiral as well as I am- I'm gonna stick with it.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:45 PM

ORIGINAL: pureadrenaline

what does changing where the cables cross do?

It allows the cams to be perfectly sync'd and oriented at brace and stay that way through out the draw to full draw with the mod stops making contact at the same time for a solid wall. If the cams are sync'd at full draw with the cables crossing above the rodand then the cables are crossed below the rod, the mod stops won't hit at the same time.

If sync'd at full draw with the mod stops and the cables are crossed above the rod,the cams in reality areout of sync with the top cam retarded at brace.
If the cables are crossedbelow the rod and then the cams are sync'd at full draw with the mod stops, the cams will be in perfect orientation and unison with each other throughout the draw cycle..

Your bow will be one with the universe, the sky will clear, the winds will diminish and the birds will sing with praise of your fantastic accuracy