Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

D-Loop Question

Old 03-17-2009, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default D-Loop Question

Hi Guys, I just got a Diamond Nitrous today, and noticed that is comes with a brass nock, below which sits a small rubber ball on the string. I'm assuming that they've squared this up with where the rest SHOULD sit on the riser. My question is this...I want to install a d-loop using Greg M/O's instructional thread. Should I totally remove the brass nock and rubber ball, or can I use these as the top (4-Strand serving wrap), and just serve the 8 strands underneat the arrow nock, then install the d-loop accordingly.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: D-Loop Question

I'd ditch the brass nock completely. It's adding a lot of unnecessary weight to your string and you may pick up an extra foot or two per second without it. Plus, I just don't like relying on someone else's placement of something to start my tuning process; I want to be in control of it from step one so that when I'm done, I've got complete confidence in my setup.

If you're willing to take your time and learn how to tie the bottom nockset, tying one more's a piece of cake and it'll look 1,000 times better and more professoinal... much cleaner-looking without the bulk of the brass.

Good luck, and don't hesitate to ask questions if any come up. I'm not around here as much as I used to be, but I still check in fairly often.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ultra man

Hi Guys, I just got a Diamond Nitrous today, and noticed that is comes with a brass nock, below which sits a small rubber ball on the string. I'm assuming that they've squared this up with where the rest SHOULD sit on the riser. My question is this...I want to install a d-loop using Greg M/O's instructional thread. Should I totally remove the brass nock and rubber ball, or can I use these as the top (4-Strand serving wrap), and just serve the 8 strands underneat the arrow nock, then install the d-loop accordingly.
Like Greg said if you are going to use a D-Loop ditch the brass nock set. Even when I don't use a Loop I usually still tie my Nokset in.

Dan
Old 03-18-2009, 04:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Alot of folks like the brass nock with a loop setup (whether as the actual nocking point or crimped above for security), cos it's pretty much idiot proof, solid, and easy- but I prefer a tie in nock as well - for all the reasons Greg mentioned. However it's not going to hurt anything (other than rob you of a couple FPS) if you used a regular brass nock instead of a tie-in.

EDIT- congrats on the nitrous- that is one smooth drawing super quiet bow. I really enjoyed shooting the one up at my shop!