Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Alphamax 35 redux.... >

Alphamax 35 redux....

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Alphamax 35 redux....

Old 03-18-2009, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Alphamax 35 redux....

Glad to hear you are getting it worked out. So often comes down to arrows, doesn't it?
Old 03-18-2009, 01:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: drockw

Im thinking about ordering an AM with the z3 cams as well before hunting season. Hoyt says about 6-7fps faster and a smoother draw. Sounds like a winner to me

I doubt at your draw length you will notice much speed increase but those of us that are shooting a couple under 30".we SHOULD see a speed increase.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TFOX

ORIGINAL: drockw

Im thinking about ordering an AM with the z3 cams as well before hunting season. Hoyt says about 6-7fps faster and a smoother draw. Sounds like a winner to me

I doubt at your draw length you will notice much speed increase but those of us that are shooting a couple under 30".we SHOULD see a speed increase.
The smoothness in draw would definately be worth it either way. I dont need anymore speed as it is

Derek
Old 03-18-2009, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL Jeff- while the arrows did not help the sitch, as stated the real problem is ME. ME ME ME.

Derek-are you shooting a Limb driver on your AM35??? I'm still trying to find out WTH is going on with mine cos frankly I'd rather be using the LD vs the TT. I'm tempted to throw it back on- a thread I put up on AT (where 5 bazillion people are shooting AMs and LDs) has yielded basically no advice [:@]

Old 03-18-2009, 05:59 PM

Jeff, have you tried moving the Limb Driver limb anchor to a different location? I'd recommend to move the anchor as close to the cam as possible and stiffen up the spring so it will support the full weight of your arrow at brace if it won't now.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: walks with a gimp

Jeff, have you tried moving the Limb Driver limb anchor to a different location? I'd recommend to move the anchor as close to the cam as possible and stiffen up the spring so it will support the full weight of your arrow at brace if it won't now.
Hey Russ- thanks for the tips- I don' t recall exacty how close to the cam it was, but it was pretty close- though I recall it being able to get closer. I did have the spring tension set correctly to hold the arrow up completely and easily at brace. When the problesm started one of the first things I did was check the spring tension to ensure it had not come loose (it had not), and then I gave it a bit more tension to see if it helped.

IDK if I'll do it/get around to it this week, but I would like to get that LD working on this bow! I LOVE the rest.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:20 AM

If you still have the rest I sent to you you should try it on something
Old 03-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff,

My issue was similar with the Whammy. My old rest on this bow worked very well and with very little effort on my part, I could place arrows just about anywhere I wanted. Enter the Whammy and with its quirks, had me shooting very bad groups and my confidence went in the dumper. Since setting up and tuning the LD, I've been way better, to a point where I am almost "too confident" in my shots.

The other night at the shop, a guy stopped me, hung a ping pong ball on the target and told me to shoot at it. 3 of 3 drilled it. Like you, I have to work hard to shoot and or continue to shoot well. Guess that's what makes it so much fun or frustrating.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think I do Russ-- I had brought it by the shop to show them (and compare to that new TR one) and I cannot remember if the tech had borrowed it to tinker with or not-will have to double check.

BTW- I no longer have the "cable" yours came with? What would be a good substitute? ActaullY I guess I could use the LImbdriver split limb attachment and just run it to your rest, no? I can't recall if the hookup for the cable at the rest will accomadate something as big as the loop rope.

Muzz- after a bit, I'm going to try the LD again, using Russ' tips- But first I'm going to try some tricks I learned from Dave Cousins- it made a couple other "finicky" bows I had turn into real shooters in the past.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:33 AM

Jeff, on my rest you'll probably have to drill out the hole to accomodate a larger pull cord but it will work.

Quick Reply: Alphamax 35 redux....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.