HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Allegiance Cam synch ? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/289369-allegiance-cam-synch.html)

Farmingdales finest 03-16-2009 03:38 PM

Allegiance Cam synch ?

So I finally dropped the money to get a bow press. Got the Omni Press and it works great.

I figured it was time after what is considered one of the best bow shops in NJ bent the riser and put the spacers on my Darton Typhoon wrong. Then when I get my limbs replaced on the Allegiance. (my fault why they needed replacing) They put the cables on wrong so the module frays the strands.

I built a draw board this weekend and am having issues getting the cams in synch. It is shooting bullet holes through paper.

The bottom cam is hitting the cam draw stop 1/8" before the top. My question is do I twist tighter the cable that attaches to the front of the bottom cam or back off twists? Another question is that all of the measurements are to spec but the bow bottomed out is at 67lbs for 60-70lb peak. I would like to get it all back to spec.

Thanks in advance! [/align]

muzzyman88 03-16-2009 05:57 PM

RE: Allegiance Cam synch ?

Sounds like you have everything you need to get it done. Welcome to the best boards on the net. ;)

I wrote a long drawn out post on this exact thing a not long ago. Do a search here and you should turn it up.

In a nutshell, this is what I would do. Pull each cable off the bow and measure them under 100lbs of tension, or pull as hard as you can while measuring them. Get them to exact spec under tension. You may need to add or remove twists to get them correct. Put them back on the bow being careful to maintain the lengths. Do the same for the string. Check you specs now. You should be VERY close. Max the bow out and check poundage. This too should get you back to 70lbs.

What it sounds like is the cables are a touch long, which would give you less weight. Also, once you have draw weight restored and your ATA and BH are with 1/4" of spec, check your draw length. Make adjustments to the string until this is correct. DO NOT start synching the cams until draw length is correct. It will give you fits. ;)

walks with a gimp 03-16-2009 06:01 PM

If your top cam is late by 1/8" IMO you should leave it alone if you're getting the let off you want. The tool I made shows that if the cams are perfectly sync'd at brace, the top cam will be late in touching the stop on the module. It's a function of the cables crossing above the center of the bow (where the cables should be crossing) and the different cable angles going to the cams.

If you take your cables out of the slide you'll probably see that the mod stops will touch at the same time at full draw. If sync'd at full draw the top cam is retarded as much as 2 degrees depending on where the cables cross.

If you want to make the change, take two twists out of the cable on the top cam where it's easy to do (outside of cam). This will retard the cam so it hits the mod stop sooner.

Cougar Mag 03-17-2009 04:11 AM

If you take your cables out of the slide you'll probably see that the mod stops
Mod stops......as in plural? My '08 Allegiance only has one mod stop and its on the top cam. Should I have a draw stop on each cam?

muzzyman88 03-17-2009 05:03 AM

Couger, I'm not too familiar with the 08's, but on the 07's, there is a "lip" on each mod that contacts the cables at full draw. They might have done away with it in 08. I think having two is very beneficial as far as setting the cam synch on these bows. WWAG has a sweet tool for setting the synch on these things, especially the newer center track cams that don't have the mod stops on each cam.

I wish Bowtech would set these bows from the factory with the correct synch, then mill marks on the cams for reference. The dots are nice, but can be very misleading, especially to a new comer to this system.

My Allegiance, once synched was almost one full dot advanced on the bottom cam. But she hits the stops at the exact same time at full draw.

Farmingdales finest 03-17-2009 11:04 AM

Muzzy...could you post a link...I did a search under your name but couldn't find it.
How do I go about putting that much pressure without a string jig?

Walks...I will give that a try.

Cougar...What I was referring to was the flat spot on the cam when I said the bottom cam draw stop not the movable on on the top cam.

Thanks! :D

muzzyman88 03-17-2009 11:27 AM

Here you go: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3309234&mpage=1&key=&#331880 7

As for pulling the strings and cables tight to set the lengths. I just use a board with a big nail on one end. Keep in mind you're measure from the end of the loop to the end of the loop (outside measurement) I pre measured the lengths and made marks on the board.Then, hook one end of the cable on the nail put a nail through the other loop and pull as hard as you can and see where it comes up in relation to your pre measured mark. Twist or untwist and remeasure until its exact. Put it back on the bow and move on to the next.