HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Limb Driver (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/289320-limb-driver.html)

muzzyman88 03-16-2009 04:43 AM

Limb Driver

I've been shooting the Limb Driver on my bow for a few weeks now. I have to wonder what took me so long to make the switch. [:@] The rest bolted up and tuned with little work on my part. Heck, I was surprised to find out that my center shot even tuned at exactly 13/16", which Bowtech says is the center shot on this bow.

I'm finding the accuracy and repeatability to be superb. I believe the rest is going to be very dependable and rugged in the field as well. I'm still working on a few aspects of quieting it down a bit more. It's very quiet the way I have it setup now. But I do occasionally get a wierd twang from the cord, which I think is from it hitting the cable guard rod. Easy enough to fix.

I did bugger the pull cord up once. I find that if you use the screw to hold it and mess with the rest a bunch ( I have OCD), you'll fray up the cord and it will break.

Anyone here try out the Maxx kit for theirs? Looks like a very nice hook up.

walks with a gimp 03-16-2009 01:52 PM

RE: Limb Driver

Just let that be a lession to ya,, when we tell ya something's good you can take it to the bank:D

muzzyman88 03-17-2009 05:05 AM

Russ, I concede, I'll listen to ya more often. ;)

I replaced the cord the other night and instead of cranking down on that screw to secure it, I tightened it till it was snug. Then I cut the excess off and burned the rope into a ball until it was melted to the arm. This shouldn't pull through and I won't have to worry about the cable fraying any more.

JeffB 03-17-2009 07:03 AM

Glad it's working out for ya Muzz!

I absolutely love it on my Admiral- I've got no clue what happned with it on my AM35- I can only guess some kind of bounceback issue? Trophy Taker works absolutely fine on the AM35-which is funny as the TT are the ones often accused of "bounceback" :shrug:

Both are great designs- best of their respective "type" (instant, versus late).

muzzyman88 03-17-2009 07:41 AM

Jeff, I had worries of things like that happening with the Whammy. It's a great concept, I just couldn't get it out my head that it could very easily come out of whack. The timing was very critical on that rest. Not so much with the Limb Driver. ;) I've actually played with fletch configurations on the Limb Driver and no matter how I oriented the fletching, I was getting clearence. Good enough for me. :D

drockw 03-17-2009 10:10 AM

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

I've been shooting the Limb Driver on my bow for a few weeks now. I have to wonder what took me so long to make the switch. [:@] The rest bolted up and tuned with little work on my part. Heck, I was surprised to find out that my center shot even tuned at exactly 13/16", which Bowtech says is the center shot on this bow.

I'm finding the accuracy and repeatability to be superb. I believe the rest is going to be very dependable and rugged in the field as well. I'm still working on a few aspects of quieting it down a bit more. It's very quiet the way I have it setup now. But I do occasionally get a wierd twang from the cord, which I think is from it hitting the cable guard rod. Easy enough to fix.

I did bugger the pull cord up once. I find that if you use the screw to hold it and mess with the rest a bunch ( I have OCD), you'll fray up the cord and it will break.

Anyone here try out the Maxx kit for theirs? Looks like a very nice hook up.

It is verynice! I sold it with my 101st:eek: and i wish i wouldnt have.

Super Magnum 03-17-2009 10:20 AM

I have shot it on a demo bow for a while now and it is a very nice rest. Only down side i can see to it is there is now containment of the arrow which is something i have to have for my hunting rest.

muzzyman88 03-17-2009 11:32 AM

Super Magnum, I'm playing with a couple of containment options right now to see which I like most. The included RAM holder actually works pretty well. If you shoot a Bowtech, you have to deal with that darn curve in the shelf. I trimmed the bottom of the arrow holder to better fit this curve and super glued it to a peice of fleece and stuck it fast to the shelf. Seems to work really well this way. The best part is that it sits low on the shelf so contact is a non issue.

I have the updated containment prongs on mine and it nice, but really doesn't do a whole lot in terms of actually holding the arrow. It contains well enough on its own though. If you use the supplied holder in conjunction with the new prongs, it seems to be the best of both worlds.

MeanV2 03-17-2009 12:45 PM

I have sold, setup, & used pretty much all the top drop aways currently on the market. IMO the Limb Driver is day in and day out the best all around choice in a dropaway rest.

Until I find something that works better, and just as consistent I'll be shooting with Limb Drivers on my bows.

Dan

bow_hunter44 03-22-2009 07:08 AM

I have to agree with Dan (again). I have tried quite a few rests as well - looking forthe micro adjustability.At the moment, I have two bows, both of which have Limb Drivers on them!

JeffB 03-22-2009 07:39 AM

I have the updated containment prongs on mine and it nice, but really doesn't do a whole lot in terms of actually holding the arrow.
Is it because the arrow fits too loosely? or is because of the angle of the arrow at rest?

I'm thinking of updating to the new launcher (P.S. Dan, is this something you carry?)

Cougar Mag 03-24-2009 12:54 PM

Hope Muzzy sees this and replies because I have the '08 Allegiance.

How far back do you guys have the LD mounted?

I just mounted an LD on my bow a minute ago(don't have cord or limb fork attachment on yet) and wondered if it makes any difference upon how far forward the launcher contacts the shelf? I don't want to take the chance of bending the launcher.

drockw 03-24-2009 06:05 PM

muzzyman88 03-25-2009 03:18 AM

Sorry for the delay guys. I haven't been on here much the last week or so. The wife has me doing all sorts of baby stuff getting ready for the big day. :D

JeffB, you're correct, the arrow is on more of an angle coming off the string to the shelf. Looking at mine again, it does catch quite a bit of the arrow. But if you want something that is going to really hold the arrow, I still don't think this is the answer. I'll try to take a couple pics of mine tonight and post.

My rest is much farther ahead, toward the riser than drockw's is. I prefer mine to be as close the pivot point of the grip as I can get them. If yours is mounted like his, I can where the arrow holder on the prongs might not work at all.

JeffB 03-25-2009 04:12 AM

Congrats Muzz! I did not know. When is your wife due? And thanks for the FYI- I guess I'll still give it a try.

as for mine, Coug- it sits a bit ffarther forward than Derek's seems to on the pic of his 82nd. The tips of the prongs are right at the center of the rear berger button hole. Of course this on the Admiral though.

P.S. Anyone know the diameter/size of the included black loop rope VT is using? I went to replace mine because I wanted more tag end to serve off (after cutting it off when it was on the AM35), and the rope I have is too big in diameter.

muzzyman88 03-25-2009 04:29 AM

Jeff, the new containment prongs will not hurt. It does a nice job of helping to guide the arrow until the forks pick it up. I think it combined with the included arrow holder will do a real nice job.

Oh yeah, the baby's due date is March 30th. :D Yeah, its a boy....camo onezies all the way. ;)

JeffB 03-25-2009 04:33 AM

Jeff, the new containment prongs will not hurt. It does a nice job of helping to guide the arrow until the forks pick it up. I think it combined with the included arrow holder will do a real nice job.

Oh yeah, the baby's due date is March 30th. :D Yeah, its a boy....camo onezies all the way. ;)
Heh. Thats great! I had little came onezies (they were advantage camo) for my son too- hell..I named him Hunter

He's gonna be 10 this year

MeanV2 03-25-2009 04:44 AM

MM, I like to set my rest farther forward also. THe foam arrow holder I use is is totally silent and allows the bow to be canted 90 degrees without the arrow falling off if that's your thing.

Jeff, I use BCY D loop material on my Limb Drivers ;)

Dan

JeffB 03-25-2009 04:58 AM

Thanks Dan- I've got no clue what the black color rope I have is- I bougth it many years ago- its bigger in diameter.

The shop has one of those toilet paper tube display things with a few different wild colored loop materials- I think thats from BCY? They have a very cool flourescent green that would look good- I'll have to check it out next time I am up there.

MeanV2 03-25-2009 05:08 AM

ORIGINAL: JeffB

Thanks Dan- I've got no clue what the black color rope I have is- I bougth it many years ago- its bigger in diameter.

The shop has one of those toilet paper tube display things with a few different wild colored loop materials- I think thats from BCY? They have a very cool flourescent green that would look good- I'll have to check it out next time I am up there.
No Problem Jeff! I usually put the BCY on right out of the box. Color choice is one reason.;)

I have a bright Fl. Green on my Captain!:D

Dan

muzzyman88 03-25-2009 05:49 AM

Holy crap...I thought I was the only one that used the Flo Green. :D I did the same as Dan, I replaced the original cord with BCY. I think its a little better material and yeah, it helps give the bow the bling factor. :D

Cougar Mag 03-25-2009 02:12 PM

Guys, I am getting a little anal with my LD[&o].....I'm sure its just me but I have one more question. Do you guys have the launcher sitting flat or 90 degrees relative to the bow shelf? My launcher sits at a slightly upward angle upon let down and is against the shelf. The tab on the collar is contacting the stop though so I guess thats ok. What little I've shot it doesn't seem to have any fletching contact. Before I get into the final tuning stages I just want to make sure its ok that way. Being too picky is giving me more gray hairs I think[&:].

Oh yeah, since I bought it used it did have the Maxx kit on it...kind of cool as long as the string fits, of which mine does perfect. Though its sort of a little PITA, being able to twist the string up for more or less tension does work well.

MeanV2 03-25-2009 03:09 PM

I set all my LD's to center up on the berger hole in the up position. Once down the launcher is at a slight up angle.

Coug, gray hairs aren't worth it!;)

Dan

Cougar Mag 03-25-2009 03:22 PM

Thanks Dan:), I was hoping to hear that. Now I can proceed further. Already have enough gray hairs, don't need more[&:].

MeanV2 03-25-2009 03:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

Thanks Dan:), I was hoping to hear that. Now I can proceed further. Already have enough gray hairs, don't need more[&:].
No Problem! If you ever need an answer fast don't hesitate to call.

Dan