Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Limb Driver

Old 03-16-2009, 04:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Limb Driver

I've been shooting the Limb Driver on my bow for a few weeks now. I have to wonder what took me so long to make the switch. [:@] The rest bolted up and tuned with little work on my part. Heck, I was surprised to find out that my center shot even tuned at exactly 13/16", which Bowtech says is the center shot on this bow.

I'm finding the accuracy and repeatability to be superb. I believe the rest is going to be very dependable and rugged in the field as well. I'm still working on a few aspects of quieting it down a bit more. It's very quiet the way I have it setup now. But I do occasionally get a wierd twang from the cord, which I think is from it hitting the cable guard rod. Easy enough to fix.

I did bugger the pull cord up once. I find that if you use the screw to hold it and mess with the rest a bunch ( I have OCD), you'll fray up the cord and it will break.

Anyone here try out the Maxx kit for theirs? Looks like a very nice hook up.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:52 PM

Default RE: Limb Driver

Just let that be a lession to ya,, when we tell ya something's good you can take it to the bank
Old 03-17-2009, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Russ, I concede, I'll listen to ya more often.

I replaced the cord the other night and instead of cranking down on that screw to secure it, I tightened it till it was snug. Then I cut the excess off and burned the rope into a ball until it was melted to the arm. This shouldn't pull through and I won't have to worry about the cable fraying any more.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad it's working out for ya Muzz!

I absolutely love it on my Admiral- I've got no clue what happned with it on my AM35- I can only guess some kind of bounceback issue? Trophy Taker works absolutely fine on the AM35-which is funny as the TT are the ones often accused of "bounceback" :shrug:

Both are great designs- best of their respective "type" (instant, versus late).

Old 03-17-2009, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff, I had worries of things like that happening with the Whammy. It's a great concept, I just couldn't get it out my head that it could very easily come out of whack. The timing was very critical on that rest. Not so much with the Limb Driver. I've actually played with fletch configurations on the Limb Driver and no matter how I oriented the fletching, I was getting clearence. Good enough for me.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

I've been shooting the Limb Driver on my bow for a few weeks now. I have to wonder what took me so long to make the switch. [:@] The rest bolted up and tuned with little work on my part. Heck, I was surprised to find out that my center shot even tuned at exactly 13/16", which Bowtech says is the center shot on this bow.

I'm finding the accuracy and repeatability to be superb. I believe the rest is going to be very dependable and rugged in the field as well. I'm still working on a few aspects of quieting it down a bit more. It's very quiet the way I have it setup now. But I do occasionally get a wierd twang from the cord, which I think is from it hitting the cable guard rod. Easy enough to fix.

I did bugger the pull cord up once. I find that if you use the screw to hold it and mess with the rest a bunch ( I have OCD), you'll fray up the cord and it will break.

Anyone here try out the Maxx kit for theirs? Looks like a very nice hook up.
It is verynice! I sold it with my 101st and i wish i wouldnt have.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

I have shot it on a demo bow for a while now and it is a very nice rest. Only down side i can see to it is there is now containment of the arrow which is something i have to have for my hunting rest.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Super Magnum, I'm playing with a couple of containment options right now to see which I like most. The included RAM holder actually works pretty well. If you shoot a Bowtech, you have to deal with that darn curve in the shelf. I trimmed the bottom of the arrow holder to better fit this curve and super glued it to a peice of fleece and stuck it fast to the shelf. Seems to work really well this way. The best part is that it sits low on the shelf so contact is a non issue.

I have the updated containment prongs on mine and it nice, but really doesn't do a whole lot in terms of actually holding the arrow. It contains well enough on its own though. If you use the supplied holder in conjunction with the new prongs, it seems to be the best of both worlds.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have sold, setup, & used pretty much all the top drop aways currently on the market. IMO the Limb Driver is day in and day out the best all around choice in a dropaway rest.

Until I find something that works better, and just as consistent I'll be shooting with Limb Drivers on my bows.

Dan
Old 03-22-2009, 07:08 AM
Fork Horn

I have to agree with Dan (again). I have tried quite a few rests as well - looking forthe micro adjustability.At the moment, I have two bows, both of which have Limb Drivers on them!

Quick Reply: Limb Driver

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.