HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Having trouble with vane glue! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/289188-having-trouble-vane-glue.html)

GrtWhtHntr 03-14-2009 10:24 AM

Having trouble with vane glue!

Having trouble keeping my vanes from falling off. The glue i am using is an old bottle and i wonder if it is expired. I am shooting easton fmj with blazer vanes. What brand and type of glue do i need to buy?

Thanks

Cougar Mag 03-14-2009 11:02 AM

RE: Having trouble with vane glue!

Try Fletchtite Platinum..it works well for me using Blazers or feathers. Its not expensive and easy to find.

Tikka 30-06 03-14-2009 11:21 AM

I use Pine Ridge on my blazers and it works great!

TFOX 03-14-2009 12:10 PM

How are you cleaning and prepping the arrows and vanes?

liquidorange 03-14-2009 12:50 PM

the crazy glue types go bad after a year. buy a fresh bottle. i tried the fletch tite platinum and after one use the bottle dries out.

GrtWhtHntr 03-14-2009 01:06 PM

I don't do anything to the vanes (because i was told that you didn't have to) and the shafts i rub with alcohol and let dry. Thats all i am doing!

MeanV2 03-14-2009 02:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

Try Fletchtite Platinum..it works well for me using Blazers or feathers. Its not expensive and easy to find.
Great choice!

Cleaning the shaft properly is very important. The best stuff to use is Denatured Alcohol.

Dan

MeanV2 03-14-2009 02:22 PM

ORIGINAL: liquidorange

the crazy glue types go bad after a year. buy a fresh bottle. i tried the fletch tite platinum and after one use the bottle dries out.

I've never had that happen, but then I fletch several dozen arrows a year. I have used on the same tube for several months before I used it up though;)

Dan

drockw 03-14-2009 07:54 PM

I use goat tuff, and it will go bad after so long. Like Dan though, we fletch soo many arrows a tube last less than 2 weeks so we dont usually have many go bad;) It did have trouble fletching some x-weaves up recently with it and I believe it was a bottle gone bad b/c they came off relatively easily.

Derek

TFOX 03-15-2009 08:11 AM

ORIGINAL: liquidorange

You must have done something crazy because I have used the same tube for a couple years.

You probably just had glue in the nozzle,clean it out with a toothpick and all is fine.