HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   The itch.... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/289067-itch.html)

MeanV2 03-14-2009 06:19 PM

RE: The itch....

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

I respect anyone who shoots Traditional. I started that way and shot traditional and killed many Deer that way.

I have No desire to regress. I like and enjoy my Compounds. I hunt to Kill, and a Compound makes me more effecient at the task. If I wanted to watch nature I'd join the Audubon society[8D]

I still like flingin trad style at a target, but when I go in the woods I'm in Kill mode:DI'm not taking the chance I have to pass a Big Buck at 40 yards with Trad gear that would be a Slam dunk with my Compound.

To each there own! I realize everyone hunts for a different reason.

Dan
You ought to gun hunt only it sounds like.
It's Funny you tell me what I should do[8D]

I've never killed a Big Game Animal in my life with a gun, and I never will.

I'm no less a Bowhunter than any Trad hunter. That's the trouble with some. They think if you don't do it like They do it you aren't really a Bowhunter, or you aren't really a hunter at all.

That's the Sad part of our sport.

I really have a problem with any type of Elitist thinking!

Get over yourself and get a life!:eek:I don't need your advice on what I should or should not be hunting with;)

Dan

bigcountry 03-14-2009 06:59 PM

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I respect anyone who shoots Traditional. I started that way and shot traditional and killed many Deer that way.

I have No desire to regress. I like and enjoy my Compounds. I hunt to Kill, and a Compound makes me more effecient at the task. If I wanted to watch nature I'd join the Audubon society[8D]

I still like flingin trad style at a target, but when I go in the woods I'm in Kill mode:DI'm not taking the chance I have to pass a Big Buck at 40 yards with Trad gear that would be a Slam dunk with my Compound.

To each there own! I realize everyone hunts for a different reason.

Dan
You ought to gun hunt only it sounds like.
It's Funny you tell me what I should do[8D]

I've never killed a Big Game Animal in my life with a gun, and I never will.

I'm no less a Bowhunter than any Trad hunter. That's the trouble with some. They think if you don't do it like They do it you aren't really a Bowhunter, or you aren't really a hunter at all.

That's the Sad part of our sport.

I really have a problem with any type of Elitist thinking!

Get over yourself and get a life!:eek:I don't need your advice on what I should or should not be hunting with;)

Dan
Oh goodness, your just way too easy to fall for the bait. Its always fun with you Dan. Thanks for the laughs. :D And for the record, I am not giving you advise, just statin what it sounds like.:D Nobody is forcing your to reply[8D]

MeanV2 03-14-2009 07:58 PM

BC, Just an FYI I could hardly care what your opinion is about what I do or should hunt with.

God put my eyes in front of my head. That makes me a Predator. I enjoy the role of a Predator, which means I enjoy killin' stuff and eating it[8D]

As far as the Elitist attitude I've seen it most of my life from hunters. They are their own worst enemies.

You're not a true hunter because you use a gun, you are not really a Bowhunter because you shoot a compound, you are not a Bowhunter because you use a Crossbow, you are not a real hunter because you hunt over bait, you are not a real hunter because you hunt on private ground,you are not a real hunter because you hunt with an Outfitter, and on, and on, and on it never stops.

If you think I or anybody else is less of a hunter because we don't hunt like you, then whether you know it or not you are your own worst enemy.

Even though I never hunt with a Gun, you will never see me run down someone that prefers to hunt that way. I have more respect for a hunter that respects everyone's individual right to hunt as they choose as long as it's legal than I do some Elitist who thinks his way is the only way.It gets old![:@]

Glad I could give you a laugh but the attitude of many hunters, Bowhunters in particular is not funny to me. Division will ruin the sport. It will be hard enough to perserve the Bowhunting Heritage for my Grandson's to enjoy without the division much less with it.

Anyone that hunts legal is on my side and I'll swap stories and share a hunting camp with you anytime.

Dan

bigcountry 03-14-2009 08:14 PM

BC, Just an FYI I could hardly care what your opinion is about what I do or should hunt with.

God put my eyes in front of my head. That makes me a Predator. I enjoy the role of a Predator, which means I enjoy killin' stuff and eating it[8D]

As far as the Elitist attitude I've seen it most of my life from hunters. They are their own worst enemies.

You're not a true hunter because you use a gun, you are not really a Bowhunter because you shoot a compound, you are not a Bowhunter because you use a Crossbow, you are not a real hunter because you hunt over bait, you are not a real hunter because you hunt on private ground,you are not a real hunter because you hunt with an Outfitter, and on, and on, and on it never stops.

If you think I or anybody else is less of a hunter because we don't hunt like you, then whether you know it or not you are your own worst enemy.

Even though I never hunt with a Gun, you will never see me run down someone that prefers to hunt that way. I have more respect for a hunter that respects everyone's individual right to hunt as they choose as long as it's legal than I do some Elitist who thinks his way is the only way.It gets old![:@]

Glad I could give you a laugh but the attitude of many hunters, Bowhunters in particular is not funny to me. Division will ruin the sport. It will be hard enough to perserve the Bowhunting Heritage for my Grandson's to enjoy without the division much less with it.

Anyone that hunts legal is on my side and I'll swap stories and share a hunting camp with you anytime.

Dan
Yea, you tell em dan.:D Them darn elitist. Give em books, send em to school, but they still don't learn.

Fyi danny, you must care much more than I do to write all that. I am just sayin.:D

MeanV2 03-14-2009 08:32 PM

You are right I do care about the Sport of Bowhunting. I also put my time and money where my mouth is. Helping young Bowhunters in anyway I can.

It doesn't surprise me that some see it as a joke.:eek:

Dan

N2D 03-15-2009 03:08 AM

I started off with a recurve a long time ago. Never killed anything with it except time. Not sure if I actually want to hunt with one, but I do want to get another one to target shoot with just to see. If and when I do, it will all depend on how accurate and proficient I can become with it. I do love my compounds but considering that I have never killed anything with a trad, I feel as if I have missed out on something rewarding.

Ed

JeffB 03-15-2009 04:12 AM

How about you guys argue about this in your own threads, K?

I am not being "elitist" or judging anyone- only re-evaluating why *I* wanted to bowhunt in the first place- I set no parameters for anyone but myself.

I got sick of killing deer at one point. Did not enjoy hunting cos every gun season it was nothing for me to kill 8 to 10 deer. I basically did give up deer hunting and concentrated on birds and waterfowl, but my interest in hunting overall just left. Bowhunting allowed me to challenge myself more, shoot year round (for less cost!), and put the emphasis back on the hunting, instead of the killing.

Modern bowhunting is far different than when I started.

I guess I'm mostly just bummed out with how commercial hunting has become. All the manufacturers BS, marketing wars, stupid TV shows & infommercials, "celebrities" and wannabe celebrities, "pro hunters", "pro staff", record book deer, QDM , crook outfitters.....its more like NASCAR or Wrestling these days. It's big business designed to suck you dry $-wise-a constant cycle every year like computers-your eqipment is "outdated" 6 months after you buy it-

The Traditional side of the sport is quite the opposite and has always been more aligned to how I feel about bowhunting than the modern side.

MeanV2 03-15-2009 04:38 AM

Jeff, Never called you or anyone an Elitist. I just stated it is a big problem in our sport.

Usually if someone gets tired of killing it's because they are killing something they really don't want. I've killed way over xxx animals with a bow and it still gives me a thrill every time I put one down.

If I lose that feeling I might take up Golf[8D]Not!!

Dan

N2D 03-15-2009 05:04 AM

I can understand how you feel Jeff. Some of that stuff can be a real turn off. I would reckon it is a double edge sword. Us as hunters need all the help we can get from the hunting community. On the other hand, it seems as if money is the ruling force and at times I wonder if it will be our demise. Hunting to me is like a spiritual thing and however I choose to go about it is my call. Like Dan says, it can get real bothersome listening to people telling others how to hunt, what size buck you should or should not kill, what kind of bow to shoot and if you do not hunt their way, then it is just plain wrong. Thank goodness we can still make our own choices.

bigcountry 03-15-2009 05:18 AM

You are right I do care about the Sport of Bowhunting. I also put my time and money where my mouth is. Helping young Bowhunters in anyway I can.

It doesn't surprise me that some see it as a joke.:eek:

Dan
There there, it will be ok dan. you ought to get you a cape with a big banner saying sport of bowhunting hero:D

Sorry jeff for hi-jacking.