HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   WWAG press on 82nd INVELVET (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/289005-wwag-press-82nd-invelvet.html)

kwilson16 03-12-2009 04:04 AM

WWAG press on 82nd INVELVET

I am having trouble getting my WWAG-style press to work with my 82nd. I don't know if it the limb angle or the INVELVET coating but the press wants to slip down the limbs towards the cams. It will work but you really have to watch it. Anyone has had this issue? Anyone not had this issue?

bigcountry 03-12-2009 04:15 AM

RE: WWAG press on 82nd INVELVET

A bow of that style, I think I would only press at the tips of the limbs. I have never used those presses you talk about but do have a portable press which presses right below the cam.

kwilson16 03-12-2009 04:24 AM

Thanks Mark,
Minewill slip all the way down to rest against the cam. Usually, I can load/unload the press a couple of times and it will eventually 'catch' without coming to rest against the cam. It was not a problem with my 06 Ally - which had different limb angle and length. I thought maybe some had figured out a solution.

JeffB 03-12-2009 04:54 AM

These days due to the nature of the limb angles on most bows and skeleton risers, I'm with BC- power/ez/x press only. Way too easy to goof up a bow without using one of them. I had one of Russ' presses and it's a fantastic piece of work, but I personally wouldn't use it on these modern bows. Just since I've been back I've seen plenty of goofed up bows come into the shop that were pressed in somehwat older presses or even the new apple presses that are SUPPOSED to be OK for modern designs.

walks with a gimp 03-12-2009 06:30 AM

I pressed an 82nd last summer a few times but didn't notice this happening. Did you have the limbs backed out on your bow? The one I worked on was maxed out. You might be able to make a short piece of parachute cord for each end that would go from one side of the press brackets to the other side of the brackets. This would go around the limb pockets and prevent the press sliding up the limb.
Maybe a better fix would be some heavy velcro, I doubt it would take much to hold it.

bigcountry 03-12-2009 06:35 AM

I find the invelvet little delicate. Better watch also that you don't scrape it off.

That was a huge selling point for me with the guaridans and commanders. Not needing the fancy presses.

kwilson16 03-12-2009 07:20 AM

ORIGINAL: walks with a gimp

You might be able to make a short piece of parachute cord for each end that would go from one side of the press brackets to the other side of the brackets.
I'll probably try this.

Just to make sure: Would it be preferable to have the limbs maxed or backed out? Mine were maxed.

walks with a gimp 03-12-2009 09:07 AM

Maxed out is fine.

kwilson16 03-12-2009 12:00 PM

I used the para cord loop and it presses fine without slippage.
Thanks!

walks with a gimp 03-12-2009 01:20 PM

Cool! Maybe find some heavy velcro and work up a loop that is easier to fasten around the limb pocket if the parachute cord takes too long. Glad it worked out for you!