HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Octane stabilizers (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/288056-octane-stabilizers.html)

Cougar Mag 03-01-2009 02:00 PM

Octane stabilizers

Who's using them? Can't find the weights of each model. Like the 7" model but have read somewhere that a couple of guys having trouble with the pistons giving out?

kevin1 03-02-2009 06:43 AM

RE: Octane stabilizers

I usea Sims Modular, no moving parts to wear out or make noise. You can also buy additional modules as needed if you want more weight.

JeffB 03-02-2009 07:00 AM

I wanted to put one on my Admiral- but it was $75 + -too spendy IMO. Same with the quivers-I dont mind spending all the bucks on a high end bow or a super solid rest rest, but certain accessories I just won't shell out the premium prices for- stabilizers and quivers. These Sims S-coils extreme like I have, and Doinkers work just as well as any of the high $ items I've tried (which seem to be more about looks than function IME). All the $100 + quivers throw me into fits [:@] I was looking at the FUSE and Hoyt and other quivers the other day - even the regular old 1 piece detachable plain jane Hoyt quiver is nearly $100 these days. It carries my arrows while I walk into the woods, hangs on a tree limb all day or evening and then goes back on the bow as I walk out. Cannot justify the price.

So yea...I have nothing really constructive to add here.

:eek:

Crow31 03-02-2009 07:46 AM

Hey Jeff check out bass pro all octane accessories are 20-25 dollars cheaper. I picked up the 7" stabilizer for $49.

ORIGINAL: JeffB

I wanted to put one on my Admiral- but it was $75 + -too spendy IMO. Same with the quivers-I dont mind spending all the bucks on a high end bow or a super solid rest rest, but certain accessories I just won't shell out the premium prices for- stabilizers and quivers. These Sims S-coils extreme like I have, and Doinkers work just as well as any of the high $ items I've tried (which seem to be more about looks than function IME). All the $100 + quivers throw me into fits [:@] I was looking at the FUSE and Hoyt and other quivers the other day - even the regular old 1 piece detachable plain jane Hoyt quiver is nearly $100 these days. It carries my arrows while I walk into the woods, hangs on a tree limb all day or evening and then goes back on the bow as I walk out. Cannot justify the price.

JeffB 03-02-2009 07:55 AM

ORIGINAL: Crow31

Hey Jeff check out bass pro all octane accessories are 20-25 dollars cheaper. I picked up the 7" stabilizer for $49.

I know I can find it cheaper, but I buy pretty much everything through my dealer-he has given me some great deals over the years- so if it's something he has or can get- I get it through him and pay a bit more. He has always been more than kind to me. I'd feel awful walking in there with that stabilizer (for example) that I had bought elsewhere. And he'd def notice

Certain things- like say camo, or piddly stuff- vanes, a tube of glue- I don't care about.

MeanV2 03-02-2009 07:55 AM

I have 2 Octane Stabilizers and they have worked very nicely. Other stabilizers I've used and liked are The Doinker Multi-Rod, Vibracheck Icon, & B Stinger.

When I've bought cheaper stabilizers I've felt I got pretty much what I paid for!;)

Dan

MeanV2 03-02-2009 07:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Crow31

ORIGINAL: JeffB

Many places sell the Octane 7" stabilizers for $49.99 including MeanV Archery;)

That is the minimum selling price allowed.

Dan

SeraphHHC 03-02-2009 11:55 AM

i want to sell my 7" i just bought one month ago. i want something longer with a little more weight to it. i might just screw a cheaper one to the end, to get the right length and weight

Greg / MO 03-04-2009 07:38 AM

The end weights which come standard with the 11.5" Octane can be purchased separately through BowTech's Pro Shop (which canbe accessed online)... those will offer tons of adjustability.

I've got four or five of the 7" models on my bowhunting rigs, and just got in an 11.5" yesterday to slap on my Captain for 3d this year... I really liked how it helped the bow hold more solidly.

ampahunter 03-04-2009 08:56 AM

With all the darn choices out there we've begun to over-tech ourselves.
The old 'wild thing' from BT works reallywell...Stealth stabilizers also, Doinker, all great stabs'.
IMHOI think the 7" Octanemainly addresses 'appearance'.
Limb Saver S-coil coupled with a set of Doinker weights works great for balance and vibrations also.