It's going to be weird just having this one bow, but I made the right choice in the end- took me a couple bows and alot of shooting with others to figure out exactly what was working for me and what..." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Here it is- That One Bow (tm) >

Here it is- That One Bow (tm)

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Here it is- That One Bow (tm)

Old 03-01-2009, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Here it is- That One Bow (tm)

There is something going on- could it be me? Absolutely!

However I've posted pics of the kinds of groups I've been shooting with Admiral and GT-I've had not even close to the same issue with them. Not to mention I wasn't the only one who could not get my 35 to group.

ADMIRAL

GT-500

I didnt take any pics of my poor AM35 groups I didn't need a reminder, but I could barely get one in the white, and most were in second and third outer blues rings (from the white), in no kind of repeatable pattern.[:'(] I know what the AlphaMaxes are capable of , my shop is selling 6-10 of them a week (mostly 32s). I've shot good groups with another 35 and a AM32.

Rest bounceback? That seemed to be the problem on the Limbdriver (contact marks on the launcher) , could still be an issue with the TT?

Im going to do the following

1) pull the grip, and try dropping my draw length 1/2" inch and then make up the length with a "normal" style release to insure I am not running into any kind of torque issues and everything is in-line without me feeling cramped up.

2) try a Whisker Biscuit or TM hunter style rest
Old 03-01-2009, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

While I havent fully tuned mine yet (waiting on the strings to settle), If I wasnt paying VERY close attention to my grip, I'd throw them all over the target in about a 6" circle. Removed the grip, and it shrunk back down to my normal groups.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:04 AM

What's the ATA on the GT500?
Old 03-01-2009, 07:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: JoshKeller

While I havent fully tuned mine yet (waiting on the strings to settle), If I wasnt paying VERY close attention to my grip, I'd throw them all over the target in about a 6" circle. Removed the grip, and it shrunk back down to my normal groups.

I wasn't very repeatable with the wood grip either,I was doing OK but not as well as I am with the 180.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

hey Tfox, do you find the fuse string suppressor to make a NASTY vibrating sound when the string hits it? I replaced it with a string tamer, and the noise is gone, so I've isolated it to that particular part
Old 03-01-2009, 08:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: JoshKeller

hey Tfox, do you find the fuse string suppressor to make a NASTY vibrating sound when the string hits it? I replaced it with a string tamer, and the noise is gone, so I've isolated it to that particular part

Not when using my hunting arrows but it does with my target arrows,of course they only weigh 280 grains.I really don't concern myself with it though.

Jeff,that rubber stopper did come loose on my bow when I got it,like it hadn't been tightened properly from the factory,might check and see if it is moving.Check cable guard while your at it.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah the grip will come off for sure- I actually loved the old sideplates (rubber or wood) and the neoprene down the spine of the riser like they used to do for many years. I wonder why they stopped that. They have a bunch of 180 grips on the shelf, I'll give that a try as well.

Russ- the GT-500 is 34 7/8" axle to axle.

Josh- on the Supressor, a few of the AMs have been coming into the shop with the mounting hole drilled slightly off center which is causing the cable to hit the plastic piece on the suppressor- I double checked mine for that before I bought it. Not saying that is the issue you are having but may want to check. A PSE brand slider will 'fix" the problem (pulls the cables over slightly further), but my shop has been checking them all out of the box and sending them back as neccessary.

TFOX- yup cable guard and suppressor were checked as well- Thats actually the first thing I did when I started seeing the wonky groups-every screw on the bow and accessories was checked- and then checked later too.

I just wish I could get up to the shop sooner, this is frustrating.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

The reason i actually took my grip off on mine to begin with was b/c the shop i shoot for didnt have any long draw AM's so i was stuck with a 29" draw AM35. I took the grip off and then come to like it MUCH more so the first thing i did when my AM came in was take the grip off. Bare in mind it will be cold for hunting tho

Derek
Old 03-02-2009, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

welp we got about 10" of snow so far today and about 3-4" more is supposed to drop by evening. I actually could have got up to the shop today to fiddle some more with it otherwise. My GF works for the Visiting Nurse service of our town and I am "on standby" to cart her around if neccessary to see her patients. Stupid sick and terminally ill people getting in the way of my bow tuning!!!! [:@]

j/k of course.[&:]

I'm going to try and carve out a couple hours tomorrow evening to get up there to swap the E mods for some Ds and pull the grip. It very well could be I fixed the contact issue and the narrow valley just necessitates me dropping another 1/4 in draw length. Feels like I have plenty of "back" left, but who knows. Maybe these XTRs are touchy like the Spirals are that way.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Have you checked the axles? A bent axle can make you want to pull your hair out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.