It's going to be weird just having this one bow, but I made the right choice in the end- took me a couple bows and alot of shooting with others to figure out exactly what was working for me and what..." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Here it is- That One Bow (tm) >

Here it is- That One Bow (tm)

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Here it is- That One Bow (tm)

Old 03-02-2009, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Here it is- That One Bow (tm)

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Have you checked the axles? A bent axle can make you want to pull your hair out.
I shave my head, T- but yeah thats the feeling

That is def on the list of "look ats" even though the cams spun like a typical Hoyt- I've never seen a bow brand that the cams spin on an axle like Hoyts do.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff:

Sorry to hear you are having problems, after finding "the one." Kind of reminds me of the Pro 40 Wheely. Everyone and their bother said they shot great, but I couldn't get mine to shoot consistently. Good luck getting it straightened out.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JOE PA

Jeff:

Sorry to hear you are having problems, after finding "the one." Kind of reminds me of the Pro 40 Wheely. Everyone and their bother said they shot great, but I couldn't get mine to shoot consistently. Good luck getting it straightened out.
Yeah- I've had that happen before as well. Sometimes there is a major "disconnect" between the archer and the bow. Nobodys fault, it's just like oil and water. The last two Martins I had a (a Prowler SE & Cougar III SE) were like that. Even went so far as to swap the CPS out for Nitrous cams on the Prowler. Nothing helped with those bows- I just could not group with them. I've had other Hoyts that did the same for me- HavocTec, HyperTec, Tenacity, etc- no matter what they just didn;t work.

If thats the case here- oh well - Im certainly not going to keep something like that for a year or two- it will be back to the drawing board.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff, I'd check everything out one more time. After that, rip everything off that bow and start over. I'm betting its a rest issue.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just talked to the Shop owner and I'll be heading up in a bit-

will have *something* to report tonite.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Jeff,

I had problems like this before as well. Actually I had this problem with the original Bowtech Liberty. After repeated attempts at changing all sorts of things (arrows, rests, grips, etc...) I ended up calling Jerid. He had me ship it back and they swapped out the limbs. The bow shot fine afterwards.

Of course it could be something simple but it seems to me as if you have gone through all of the "simple solutions" and none of them have worked. Limbs and axles are always something I look at when nothing else makes sense.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was actually going to suggest that it might be a mismatched set of limbs.BUT,check it out tonight and see if things have worked themselves out.

When I first got my xtec,I couldn't shoot it worth a crap but I knew it was me because I just couldn't get comfortable with it.Up untill then I had always used 65% letoff but something had to give so I made the switch to 75% modules and it was night and day.I even tried a couple years later going back to 65% on it and it was the same thing.The limbs were just too short for me to pull into the wall like I was used to and I had to make the switch.

It became one of the best hunting bows I have ever used.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I first got my xtec,I couldn't shoot it worth a crap but I knew it was me because I just couldn't get comfortable with it.
This is ultimately going to be the problem.

Well the contact issue was taken care of last week, and l narrowed it down to the grip and draw length causing the scattergun-I don't have that many problems with a Mathews grip- but that Hoyt wood grip was killing me. Tried the 180 grip for a bit, and it was better than the wood, but still no worky.

Took the grip off, and dropped to a 28.5" module. Draw length is correct now and no more big gigantic groups (same for my dealer friend- drove tacks)- but there is def a "disconnect" with the bow. I was stacking 2 arrows, then pulling 2 arrows , stack 3 pull 1,, etc etc all night- I'm glad its not an issue with the bow, but I cannot say I'm feeling any better. The AM35 requires a much more "agressive shot" than the GT-500 and Admiral do, and I've never shot bows that require that kind of aggressive shot , consistently well.

We all (myself, and the 2 owners of the shop) agreed that I should take a little break ( a week or two off) and come back fresh . I hope I can pull it together- cos I really like the way the bow draws, shoots, etc. It's just very frustrating cos I was really shooting well and proud of myself after my long layoff from archery, and now I'm a wreck

Old 03-03-2009, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff, don't sweat it bud. I too a hiatus from my hardcore shooting regimen last year and I'm more comfortable now than I ever was. But I was starting to develop a couple bad habits and putting it down for a while wasa good thing for me.

Take it easy for a couple weeks, look at some new toys online or something...maybe even pick some new arrows for me.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JeffB

When I first got my xtec,I couldn't shoot it worth a crap but I knew it was me because I just couldn't get comfortable with it.
This is ultimately going to be the problem.

Well the contact issue was taken care of last week, and l narrowed it down to the grip and draw length causing the scattergun-I don't have that many problems with a Mathews grip- but that Hoyt wood grip was killing me. Tried the 180 grip for a bit, and it was better than the wood, but still no worky.

Took the grip off, and dropped to a 28.5" module. Draw length is correct now and no more big gigantic groups (same for my dealer friend- drove tacks)- but there is def a "disconnect" with the bow. I was stacking 2 arrows, then pulling 2 arrows , stack 3 pull 1,, etc etc all night- I'm glad its not an issue with the bow, but I cannot say I'm feeling any better. The AM35 requires a much more "agressive shot" than the GT-500 and Admiral do, and I've never shot bows that require that kind of aggressive shot , consistently well.

We all (myself, and the 2 owners of the shop) agreed that I should take a little break ( a week or two off) and come back fresh . I hope I can pull it together- cos I really like the way the bow draws, shoots, etc. It's just very frustrating cos I was really shooting well and proud of myself after my long layoff from archery, and now I'm a wreck
I feel ya there buddy...Im needing a break too but ive got 2leagues to shoot every week. There over after next week so im goin to try totake a break for a bit. Im not concerned about the weekendshoots. Just all of the pressured indoor shooting.

Derek

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.