Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Dropaway conversation >

Dropaway conversation

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Dropaway conversation

Old 02-28-2009, 07:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Dropaway conversation

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

Interesting thread.
I'm considering a prong style rest (Quicktune) versus a Dropzone.
Thats what I am putting on my Allegiance for the time being, except its an old Doty rest that is as solid as the day I bought it.

I had my previous fallaway wear out on me season before last and I pulled out my old Golden Premier rest.The first day hunting with it I picked up my bow and went to place it between my legs like I have done hundreds of times before and the arrow fell off the rest.Then I was constantly watching my arrow to make sure it wouldn't fall off.Great rest but I don't like having to do that.I was also had some clearance issues with small diameter arrows I use and extreme helical feathers that I like.

I put a limb saver rest on within a few days and finished out the season with it.Basically just a Trophy Taker and it is a fine rest but not quite what I was looking for.

I then tried the Whammy after the season and haven't looked back.It is exactly what I have been looking for out of a hunting rest.Good containment and plenty of forgiveness.